Castlevania: POR

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by GogDog, Feb 19, 2007.

1. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    Has anyone beaten the Nest of Evil yet? I've beaten the game, gotten the Vampire Killer upgraded, but I'm still stuck on the Nest section that begins with the two Creatures. I think the boss is Abbadon. I hope there is something good at the end of this blasted area. :lol 

2. DragoUnicron

DragoUnicron Dragon Master

If I remember right, the best dual attack of the game is at the end. It's a fun challenge to do. The 2 Creatures are probably what I had the most trouble with.

3. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=123516

There was also a thread when the game launched, and a few others since.

If I remember right, the Greatest Five is what you get. Also your gonna have to get used to the NEst of Evile, 4-8 enemys there that are exclusive to that area have attacks you need if your looking for a 100% Completion Quest Rate.

4. gil

gil Godmaster

There's a section in the Nest of Evil that has 9 Old Axe Armors. If your planning on unlocking the Old Axe Armor mode, this is the best place to kill 1000 of them. All you have to do is kill them and suspend the game without moving to the next section. When you resume the game, you get to kill the Old Axe Armors again.

As far as the reward, it sucked for me, because I never used a dual strike until the werewolf boss, which was the last portrait I beat before Brauner. So, Dual Strikes is not part of my attack set. I should learn to use them.

5. Savanna

Savanna Want to Touch my Wankel?

MOst of the time the Dual Attacks were nothing more than a way to avoid a hit and get some damage for it.

6. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

I've beaten everything but Richter hard mode. I'm obsessed with Castlevania, you know. :lol 

7. angeltread

angeltread TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    you've completed jonathan and sisters on hard lv. 1 with 1000%? that's highly impressive. i'm going through jonathan lv. 1 right now, just past the second boss, and it's borderline infuriating; but fun. i can't even imagine nest of evil in this mode.

8. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

You can block Abbadon's locust swarms by holding your whip out in front. Alternately you can dual crash before it comes and let them pass over. Meteor strike is a good one for that since he can't dodge and it doesn't stop time, so it lets his attack pass.