Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by hellrasinbrasin, Jun 1, 2012.

1. hellrasinbrasin

hellrasinbrasin Well-Known Member

2. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

I-is that who I think it is at the end!? :eek: 

Holee shit... Between this and the 3DS game, I don't know which to be more excited for. But I thought the sequel would be taking place in the modern era?

3. Starfire22

Starfire22 Zoot Suit Riot

News Credits:
    Is that alucard at the end?

Nevertheless, this game is so bought. :D 

4. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I enjoyed the first one. Thought the story was really well done and loved the ending. Looking forward to trying this one out as well.

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I do believe I am buying the first game on the way home tonight.

6. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I loved the first game...but the DLC stank, so I'm hoping they take that into consideration when making this sequel. Although I have to say....do I "WANT" to play as Gabriel in a sequel? I loved the twist at the end and think it will make for great story, but I'm not sure I actually want to play as this character now.

Still I could not be more excited for the 3DS game!

7. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Even though it's just a cg trailer we've gotten, this game is looking incredible so far. The fact that Gabriel seems to retain many of his whip skills seems to suggest that this will focus on his transition, and that's what I've been hoping to see more of. The dlc helped a fair bit in explaining things, but this should be far more expansive.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

wasn't the first one generally panned by most players?

9. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
  10. Sokar

Sokar Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I think a lot of people looked at it and wrote it off as another GOW clone. The same thing happened with games like Darksiders and Dante's Inferno as well. Personally I have never enjoyed the GOW games all that much, but I loved LoS. Granted there were some tweaks that would have been nice to see, but overall it was an excellent game.

The fact that it was basically a fairly dramatic change to the series also got at some people. The 3D gameplay was better than the previous 3D games I thought, but it was still a departure from the metroidvania games we've had for the past few years. Plus the story was a bit different from other CV games of the past, so that again caused issues for some. The game didn't really have to be a castlevania game the way it was written, and some suggest that the CV title was more of an addition to a fairly complete game. While I agree with the game being able to stand on it's own without any link to CV, I definitely think it was a CV game overall. It was just a bit different than what we've had recently (and thankfully a bit more challenging as well)

11. OmegaScourge

OmegaScourge Custom Made TFW2005 Supporter

im doing the same too...getting ready/caught up for this (if i end up liking the first) and the 3DS version.

12. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a huge CV fan and loved Lords of Shadow- the soundtrack and the visuals provided some of the most amazing scenes and atmosphere in a video game. The controls and combat were solid to. So anyways, I'm excited about this one, a lot, in fact it's probably the game I'm most looking forward to- this and the 3DS 2.5D one.

If that was Alucard, I'll shit my pants in excitement.

13. TFfanatic88

TFfanatic88 All hail Duke.

I can't wait for this game to come out, along with Mirror of Fate. I enjoyed Lords of Shadow.

14. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    I didn't play the first one, probably should get around to it now.

15. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The gameplay is mostly just "okay" in the first game until about 3/4 of the way through when you've acquired enough upgrades to have a nice variety. It plays well, just a bit straight forward early on. Give it time and you won't regret it. It's the really enjoyable story that draws you in. Plus the game has a nice long story mode with great variety in the locations and such. Plus the ending still, months after paying, has stuck with me.

16. Tracer

Tracer _

News Credits:
    I didn't even know this was coming. I definitely need to finish the first now.

17. OmegaScourge

i think it was suppose to be a E3 surprise but it got spoiled early

18. BlueSigma

BlueSigma Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see whether we play as Gabriel though it is possible since we see how he ends up in the epilogue of the first one. We know he survives regardless of what happens. This one could be about his transition to that point and maybe another game will take up his redemption since at his core his character is that of a good person. That even showed in the epilogue of the first one so I can see if they keep him as the main character. they could pull a star wars and have a new main character for this story but have the overall story be about Gabriel's redemption or end.

19. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The wierd thing is that the 3DS game is going to have you play as Trevor and Simon, along with two other unidentified characters so far. So, we know Gabrielle isn't the only Belmont that's going to be in the series. Personally, based on that hopefully being Alucard in the trailer, they somehow explain his existence in this universe and you play as both Gabrielle and Alucard. I hold Symphony of the Night as possibly the greatest game ever made, so I'm a sucker for anything Alucard.

20. OmegaScourge

the 3DS is based 25 years later after LOS...my guess is LOS2+ will be the between series

im guessing LOS2 is between 1-5 years after LOS