Casting TLC Show on Transformer Collectors

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by JessicaSharp, Apr 13, 2011.

1. JessicaSharp

JessicaSharp New Member

Hi all!

I am an Associate Producer at Sharp Entertainment, and we are currently casting for a new series on TLC about collectors of all kinds. We would love to feature someone who collects Transformers. We are not looking for your common collector, though. We want someone who lives and breathes for Transformers. Not someone who just ha one case or even one room dedicated to their collection, but rather someone whose collection has infiltrated every room. Your knowledge on the subject must be extensive as well!

If this sounds like you, please contact me at Jessicas@sharpentertainment.com.

Jessica Ribeiro

2. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Moving to the correct forum, good luck with your casting. :) 

3. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm too poor to be a extraordinary collector.

I hope a few of the guys in collectors showcase jump on this (and I hope it's pay).

4. Transbot90210

Transbot90210 Banned

News Credits:
    Does anyone really live and breath TFs like say someone would Anime?

I know I have seen Anime fans that are nothing but an Anime Fan, their whole reason for being is Anime.

I've been on these boards a long time, Ive seen rooms full of toys but never a whole house or life. I think Tf fans are some of the most well rounded bunch where the hobby is only a part of their existance. I have never seen anyone who lives and breaths transformers.

So I ask. Does anyone here live and breath this stuff 24/7 to the degree a hardcore anime fan does?

5. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

can I suggest someone like users djsoundwave with a massive collection or vangelus with all of the podcasts/video reviews he does?

6. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This will be neat to see. Although my collection isn't even close to worthy. I have lots of other transformers things too, shirts, keychain lanyard, plate, tattoos. Cant wait to see who makes it on the show.

7. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Pay is possible, but I wouldn't expect much...if any. At least a half-dozen of this type reality shows have shot in the Atlanta area in the last couple years, and only a few of them offered pay. And the pay was a flat $50-100 for the day ($100 for principal roles), and that was for re-enactment actors who provided their own wardrobe.

And anyone who submits for this needs to be aware that you may or may not be represented on-camera in a positive way. Once you sign the release, they can do whatever they like with the footage which determines how you will be portrayed on-camera.

I should add that if you have any reservations about submitting (regardless of what I just said), here's a look at Sharp Entertainment's portfolio:

http://sharpentertainment.com/our-shows/

If there are, they haven't really made themselves a presence on the boards.

8. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I drive my Transformer around does that qualify me for this?

9. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    After watching Extreme Couponing last night, I feel sorry for the poor SOB that signs their soul over to TLC. Stay away.

10. Sludge

Sludge Formerly NC Bulkhead

News Credits:
    Well said. This is exactly why I won't submit for it. They can edit the footage to tell whatever story they want. "Reality" TV is not real.

11. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    "One room, FULL OF TOYS is not enough. You must be a complete lunatic to represent your fandom."

We may or may not depict you as a pedophile post editing.

12. Cracka J

Cracka J TURD PARTY DUMPSTERPIECE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Can't see a show about OCD fans coming out of this...

13. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Exactly. And just to offer an example, TruTV just announced an open call for submissions for another of their psuedo-reality shows. This is a direct quote from the casting notice:

The show's title isn't mentioned, but from the description it's that horribly-staged "Operation Repo" show.

It amuses me to see it described as "real" reactions to a fake scenario.

And something else to keep in mind, for anyone who submits for this -- it's going to air nationally and all your friends, family, co-workers, etc. could potentially see it too. If you end up being presented as some sort of hoarding, obsessive-compulsive person, that stigma will follow you around for years and years to come.

I gave my brother (TFW member jon3pnt0) permission to make a video featuring my garage TF collection as a gag on his YouTube Channel. He called it "Transformers: Hoarders" (discussion thread here).

In reality, I'm not a hoarder -- I just lack the space to properly display my collection. Thus, it's all stashed in the garage (translation: my wife encourages my hobby, she just doesn't want it displayed in the house).

It's only because I'm a good sport that I allowed it, in spite of the negative comments, sarcasm and snark I've endured from relatives over the years. I couldn't imagine how it would fare for me if I went on a national TV show after allowing cameras to invade my home and interview me about my lifelong interest in Transformers, watching cartoons and collecting toys. But those are hobbies -- they don't define my life and take up all my time.

14. Hal7300

Hal7300 Wrecker

Exactly.

This type of show does not tend to portray it's 'subjects' in a positive light - nothing good can come of this.

Call me a cynic, but my advice to everyone on here is 'Stay well away'.
    :2c: 

15. DJ Soundwave

DJ Soundwave Action Figure Master

My whole house isn't dedicated to Transformers :( 

16. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I find it a bit sad that what they apparently want is an over-the-top, obsessive fan. A fan who's hobby arguably borders on obsession or even mental illness or compulsive behavior. Not a passionate, but well-adjusted fan who deals with their love for the characters and toys like a stable adult and keeps it in balance with reality and the other demands of life. In other words, it seems clear they want to represent our group as a whole in a bad light and perpetrate the stigmas that exist about adult toy collectors.

I second the advice to steer clear of this operation.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  17. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    I nominate TJ Omega.

18. jeditaz

jeditaz Tazformer

Dude....lol...you know it is! Thats why you never let me come by your place! JK....but seriously. I know you are like me and dont really care what others think so you would be Prime (no pun intended) for that show! Ill even come by and help ya clean up (direct translation: get to finally see the stuff in person and not in pics!)!

19. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I have to echo the "you'll likely end up looking like a complete lunatic" sentiment.

Then again, anybody who has the devotion they are looking for probably is.

20. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Really? I was kind of thinking someone could give them Raksha's number... :sly2: