Repro/Sticker: Casting the rare JP headmasters vol 1 LEONE

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Elrodthealbino, Nov 4, 2009.

1. bradforj

bradforj Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They will exist with or without me, so let's not try to lay the anger about them being done at my feet. I like them, and I'm darn sure not buying an original now, as there is no way of verifying its origin without comparing them in hand. I look at them as being high quality ko's. I'm sure there will be some miniscule detail that will give them away as fakes, but they will still provide the pleasure of ownership that an original does.

2. megamus

megamus Overworked and Underpaid Veteran

News Credits:
    Don't get me wrong. Your a friend and your gonna stay that way. ;)  I thank you for bringing this to my attention as I am still trying to get the last two and do not want a repro so in that respect you have helped me. You are right someone will make them regardless if you buy it or not BUT if everyone decides to ban them then they will not be made.

3. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Anyway, I got my Leone today in the mail.

One word: OUTSTANDING!!

Quality is first rate!!

Some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the sucky pics, I just snapped these real quick as usual.

4. jason jupiter

jason jupiter weird/ rare g1 KO hunter

looks great! very good quality casts and the fire guts version looks great as well!

5. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

X_X

6. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Mine showed up today as well! :) 

Thanks again for the great work on this!

Can't wait for the rest of the group

And yes, please do the Humanoid guys as well!

7. TransFan1996

TransFan1996 Well-Known Member

I will take 1 of each please how much?

8. -l-AYATOLLAH-l-

-l-AYATOLLAH-l- Well-Known Member

Are you gonna do anime correct colors for Trizer also as he is very different in the toon?

9. BHiga6181

BHiga6181 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Im sure there are a ton that are happy you guys are doing this. I just have to stick up for those that have spent a ton of $$ on the very rare originals.

With all these reproductions out these days, I wish a few things could stay unreproduced. Certain holy grails should remain only available as originals.

The Japanese Cassettes, Headmasters and Raiden are a few I would put on that list.

Again I understand the effort and reason behind this. I just hope certain things can remain holy grails within the Transformers World.

10. kingnothing80

kingnothing80 Well-Known Member

Well, considering we've already heard from a few that spent the money on the originals that seem to be fine with this particular recasting, (the caster himself as well) the going opinion appears to be mostly positive. I believe the reason Elrod is doing this project in reverse, anime, and fireguts colors only is to preserve that grail feel and eliminate any scaming that could occur at auction sites. I do agree with your statement for the most part, and I may be wrong, but I don't see these obvious recasts hurting the value of the originals. Now, others that will recast in solid white and original colors, depending on the amount that hit the market, could make hunting down originals difficult, and I don't agree with that at all.

Speaking of the current recast, I received mine last week as well, and it's awesome. Quality is excellent. I can hold this headmaster in my hand with any hasbro original and they feel identical. Elrod, I do hope you continue with this project because it really is a neat way to get an up close look at a really rare figure. Thanks so much!

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Hey guys, let's please stay on topic of the critique of the actual work shared in this thread, not the topic of repro parts specifically. There are certainly artists who make repro parts, and do so with the best intentions in mind, and others who are on the opposite end of the spectrum. Project threads are here for purely the discussion of the projects themselves; topical discussions are for Radicons General Discussion. Thanks guys! :thumb 

12. Elrodthealbino

Elrodthealbino Nerd Alert!

For those who want info on ordering, see one of my big posts on page two.

Yes, the existence of the other company doing these had already come to my attention. Don't know what to think and shan't talk about it here.

13. megamus

News Credits:
    Removed

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  14. megamus

News Credits:
    Removed

15. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Just be patience. Most people don't understand that they have to cast these figures one by one. It's not like they have finished products sitting on the shelves waiting to be shipped. People are getting them. Eventually you're get yours. :) 

16. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch

News Credits:
    Yes but that doesn't mean you stop answering the mail. A simple response saying that orders are being filled as quickly as possible is all it would take.

17. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
  18. megamus

News Credits:
    Removed

19. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus #MoreSawBoss

News Credits:
    Give that we're in the holiday-travel season etc. I'm sure there's a very reasonable reason why you might not have heard anything in a while.

The Broken Arrow guys have been doing reliable high-profile work (mostly for the Joe and SW community) for ages now, they're definitely among the best in the business.

I have no doubt that there's no flaking going on, just sit tight, it'll be OK

20. Alyosha

Alyosha Nemesis Creator

Guys: Sorry I hadn't seen that a few you'd tried to contact me, as I don't monitor all the emails that some of you have used. I had my hands full all last week with preparations for the holiday as my daughter was coming in town and am trying like mad to get caught up on these figures and it's just taking longer than aticipated for all the different colors. I will say that with the next figure, I will be making two sets of molds before offering them to prevent this from being an ongoing problem.

I'll double check all the emails this weekend, and get back with you no later than monday night with status on your individual orders. I've got about 18 left to make before they will all be taken care of, but several of you should have figures already. If you haven't gotten a note with your Delivery Confirmation number yet, then your figure has not shipped and is most likely just awaiting assembly. Apologies forany inconvenience to you.

Thanks! Alyosha

brokenarrowtoys@yahoo.com