Casting news for "Punisher: War Zone."

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Paladin, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Paladin

Paladin Have Zord, Will Travel

News Credits:
    Detroit- It's a shithole full of people who steal
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  2. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

It's still a shame that they had to recast the lead. And it'd be nice to see Nick Fury make an appearance.

3. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Microchip is the guy Frank offed in "Welcome Back, Frank" right? That was a beast ending.

4. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Microchip is a villain now?

For most of his comic book time, Micro was the Punisher's sidekick. They had this little van with guns in it.

Micro was not in "Welcome Back Frank," but he was in volume 1 of Punisher Max, whose name escapes me. And yes, in that one, Frank does...that...spoiler that Shin mentioned. And uh...I dunno, man. I thought the ending to that book was pretty shocking. Might want to add spoiler space.

5. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

Titus Pullo > Thomas Jane

6. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lolol  for some reason that cracked me up.

i think killing of 'chip to reboot the max series by ennis was prolly the best thing at that point. just to reemphasize the whole lone man against the world personae for frank.

its the late 80s it was cool to have a techie sidekick, because..it was just cool then.

they shouldve brought back ivan drago man.

7. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    Mmmm Batman with guns.

8. Frognal

Frognal Prodigal Son Returned

Maginty, eh? I wonder if that means Finn Cooley and the Irish mob storyline will show up?

9. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

That's what my wife said.

Anyway, I'll see the sequel but I'm not holding out great hope. Jigsaw was great in the Punisher game. I wonder if he'll be the same character.

And yes, Frank doi ngwhat he did to Microchip in MAX was great. it just showed that Ennis was distancing Punisher fro mthe stupidity he had in the 80s-90s and was what he was intended to be, a walking scum killing SOB based in reality.

10. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

Didn't Microchip go bad in the comics?

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    yeah, only recently, but with wayne knight (newman!) playing him, no way he'll be a baddie.

12. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

He didn't go bad but he did go against Frank. In Punisher: Countdown, they did a spoof on Superman and had 4 different punishers running around. Microchip built a robotic Punisher and used it to try taking Frank out but failed. I can't remember what the MAX series plotline was though.

13. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

See, here's the thing. In 99.9999999999999% of his time in the comics, Micro was Frank's sidekick. He did turn bad in the first volume of Punisher Max, but those 6 issues are literally the only time he's been "bad." Then he got offed. I'll be surprised if Micro is really a "villain" in the movie, because it'd be like making a Batman movie that introduces Robin and makes him a bad guy right off the bat. But to be fair, the most interesting story I've ever read with Micro in it was Max Vol. 1.

It's been a while since I read the story, but I think the FBI wanted to hire Frank Castle to hunt down and kill Osama Bin Laden. FBI hired Micro to track him down. Frank's a hard guy to track down, so Micro raised funds by selling drugs. He eventually finds Frank, and Frank declares that Micro has joined the enemy by selling those drugs.

Eventually, Micro and Frank are surrounded by mafia hitmen, and they have a shoot-out, where it's Micro and Frank versus like fifty gangsters. When all the gangsters die, Frank tells Micro that not all the bad guys are dead yet, and kills Micro.

14. Strikeback

Strikeback Drifting Away

I wonder if Jigsaw will be subbing in for Finn Cooley in this one. And I was surprised that they can get away with that name after the Saw franchise, but Lionsgate does own both licenses.

15. PopCulturePooka

PopCulturePooka Longest running avatar

See I had a punisher comic from the early 90's where Microchip ahd locked Frank in a room, playing him video's of Franks mistakes and convincing Frank to kill himself.

Issue ended with Frank picking up the shotgun.