Cast your own ensemble comedy film.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Hand Of Omega, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

They don't happen often and when they do they are mostly panned for some reason, but I like a good ensemble comedy - eg. 'Connonball Run 1 and 2', 'Rat Race', 'Mars Attacks!' - and came to thinking, "who would I cast in my own ensemble comedy?"
    They are mainly zany, off the wall and many parody the big stars themselves.

Well, you have a cast of 20, which names, alive today, would you cast? Musicians, actors? You can also elaborate on its theme if you want - ie. road movie or sci-fi comedy.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

My movie would be 'SNL the movie' and it would star every SNL actor still alive in all the speaking roles no matter how small. It would be epic.

3. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I say put Eddie Murphy, Mike Myers, Dana Carvey, Robin Williams, and the Wayan Brothers in one film. Add two female co stars and just have the lot of them play all the characters in the movie. With them playing off each other and everyone in make up it would be hilarious. The key would be getting the right writers.

4. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ummm... Adam Sandler...

5. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Sounds an awful lot like Monty Python's style of filmaking! All playing various roles and such.