2D Artwork: Cast of Original Animated Characters

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Lord Ramulus, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus Well-Known Member

new characters added/combined from previous thread!

hey everyone,
    here are my latest Animated Original Characters: Gasket, Roadblock, and Rustbucket. I can't get the pictures to load in the message itself, sorry...

to avoid any further issues, i want to say that there is a lot of great animated artwork out there that i have seen and that has inspired me. while not intentional, sometimes inspiration may end up becoming a very tangible thing. if you notice anything that looks familiar to you or your work, please take it as nothing more as a sign of my respect or appreciation for your creativity and skill.

Attached Files:

2. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here you go:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Lord Ramulus

i really would like some feedback, please?

4. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

Hmm, well lets see what yer cranked out for us Lord Ramulus!
    Gasket: Love the persona and idea of a slowly dissolving mad genious, art wise i think there is some perspective issues in the shoulder and head, and i would love to see the lines flow into one another a little bit more fluidly.
    Roadblock: The design elements are all there, and i think it's a beautiful piece overall, but i think the arms need to be slightly reworked somehow, maybe seperate them a bit? or just leave them like that if that's what you intended.
    Rustbucket: I love that name Lol, The design is very interesting, and i love how much of a decepticon he really is! But, i would think the upper body got pushed back a little and should be brought farther forward and once again, a little bit of a perseption problem.
    But these are really clever designs, would love to see alt modes!

5. Lord Ramulus

Opt,

*Gasket...i just couldnt place it...now its oh so obvious

*Roadblock's arms are totally intentional, i liked the look of Scrapper's legs and wanted to see how it would work for arms.

*With Rustbucket, i really wanted to do something weird and a little more out there...I get your comments though...although, since i want him to be a walking scrap heap, it kinda adds to the beautiful mess that he is, at least i think so.

i also have added two other designs (Hound and Mirage), i know they need some polishing as well, and i just finished my take on Windcharger. i still cant figure out how to get them posted in the message...if someone wants to help me with that, that would be awesome...

i like to make my characters a little more mature/older in age and darker in character and history than most...seems more practical to me...please continue the feedback!

Attached Files:

6. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Those tread arms on Roadblock look awfully familiar...seems you didn't copy them 1/1 from one of my designs but you definitely did use them as 'inspiration' for his arms... Not really sure if I should feel flattered or bad about that. :( 

I don't really have alot of time/will to comment on everything right now..bots look pretty ok ( would like to see some color and altmodes though!)

7. Lord Ramulus

Digi, I promise you i was not trying to rip you off at all, I was thinking primarily of Armada Scavenger when I was putting Roadblock together in my head, I thought the idea of the treaded/belted arms was just fantastic because it was so fluid and removed the awkwardness of and actual joint in the elbow. i did look at Scrapper's legs for ideas on how wyatt and co. thought the tread seperations would go.

however, after looking back at your constructicons...which are amazingly bad ass, i can see how it could come across that way. i hold your work in high regard, and wish i could do what you do. no disrespect was EVER intended here.

and as for color...i dont have the software to make that happen yet and i'm not so desperate to bust out my crayolas...well, at least not yet.

8. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

Lol crayolas, so primitive (j/k XD)
    Mirage has a cool story, but i am anaware as to which era of Mirage you were basing that model off of...
    Also for Hound, 1) I forgot it was you! XD 2) I believe that is the same model you posted before? But i think i should critique it anyways, There are a little too many angles and it doesn't seem as if the lines flow the way Animated is known for. Maybe curving them a little bit, or chamfering the corners might resolve this problem? Also, for thee gun, i think it's ok now that i look at ole' UM. So i think the gun is fine, as long as he's mainly a melee type of guy.