Casey Kasem and Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by SkyQuake, Dec 17, 2005.

1. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Hello All!

I recent wrote Casey Kasem to ask him if he would do Transformers again. He was the voices of Cliffjumper, Bluestreak, Teletran 1, and Dr. Arkaville (amongst others) in the G1 cartoon. There had been rumors that he left the show because of a satyrical episode called Carbombia. Apparently, this was not the case.

So, judging by this letter, I would say that Casey would be willing to do Transfromers (if not the movie, then a cartoon again, or maybe Botcon). Of course, I would like for all of the original voice actors to get parts in the coming movies. They provide history, and atmosphere, as well as would help kindle even more nostalgia in the adults watching the films.

2. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

Note: From his tone, I would say that he doubts a "Voice" actor, could beat out Hollywood's "A" list actors. We know we are being heard. So, maybe we can get other people onto the film in addition to Cullen, and Welker.

3. Smokescreen38

Smokescreen38 Fight fire with smoke!

Bravo for taking the time to write to him, and thanks for sharing your results.

Its cool that you got a response but who knows how accurate this info is... publicity is so carefully managed.

I mean, he wasn't around for the later episodes... how could he think that the show "just ended?"

It would have been nice if he could have written the letter himself too... but this is still cool stuff.

4. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
  5. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    I didn't mean the "he quit the show because of Carbombya" bit. I was referring to the "he's still boycotting anything Transformers-related, and we as fans need to apologize to him in order to make him get over it" part.

7. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    I didn's say we NEEDED to do anything. We as Transformers fans aren't responsible for Jimminy McCrap. I just thought it would be a good gesture. Besides, just because he doesn't remember it doesn't make it all better, It was still wrong. Yes, it was stupid, and something very minor, but it was still wrong. Just imagine how Twin Twist would feel if he were involved with Voice Acting, and someone threw in something that would really hit home in a negative way?

okay, maybe that wasn't the best example, considering we all know that "Twin Twist Sucks", but still.