Cases to display a transformers collection??? Please help

Discussion in 'Transformers Collection Showcase' started by kaseycuyler, Jun 26, 2011.

1. kaseycuyler

kaseycuyler Maximal

I have been looking around for display cases for my Transformers:banghead: . I believe beanie baby cases work for *most* of my transformers as most are deluxe.

Does anyone know of a large case (doesn't have to be individual for each transformer) that can hold about 30 or so transformers? Keep in mind I need Superion, City Commander, G3 trailer, and other Voyagers that won't fit in a normal beanie baby cases.

See my collection thread in my signature to see what I have maybe that will help with an idea for a case?

I also hope this is in the right place as well.

***Also i'm not looking for anything fancy. Id perfer a case thats just all plastic no mirrors or display bases just a giant case.***

2. cwbest78

cwbest78 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    detolfs from ikea are popular. i think they're 65 now. pretty heavy so i'm sure shipping is expensive if you don't have one nearby.

3. kaseycuyler

kaseycuyler Maximal

Dang those look nice...If only they had them in stock online and the one store in Michigan had them

4. The Dark Seeker

The Dark Seeker TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well....just a thought. If you have room in your place and time, you can always search for a display case from a store that's going out of business? I found a large glass display case (not entirely glass, but has wood) from a store and used it to display over 400 clones. The display case needs a lil TLC.....so one day when I have time, I'll paint the display case to a better color.....but its huge. Got it for $100. I can PM you a pic of it if you want.

5. omega145

omega145 Autobot

Ebay:
    Check on your local craigslist for display cabinets for sale from either stores going out of business or from someone's personal collection. Also try estate or garage sales. I have the IKEA detolf as a lot of other people do and they are great display cabinets for the price and look nice with the installed lighting.

6. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I found my cases at local furniture store that were going out of business or having a sale. You can see pictures in my profile page.

7. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    These are what I've been wanting for quite some time. Tb77's advice (places with displays going out of business) is a good option as well.