3D Artwork: Cartridge Robot FR (for Cybertron Soundwave)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Treadshot A1, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Hey! So, i was kept awake last night, and had nothing better to do than surf the net on my iPod. Had an interesting chat with Drawn-Steel Hero, and he let me in on some of his stuff (exactly what i won't say). Anyways, he also showed my his hexpods (which again, i won't say much on, that's for him to worry about), but he did give me permission to try my hand at creating hexpod designs as well. I have to say, the transformation was really screwy, so i'm glad Drawn-Steel Hero let me in on a few things. So, given a day or so, this is what i came up with. I've named my design Cartridge Robot FR. He transforms from Data Cartridge mode to Robot mode, and comes with some built in pulse blasters, which totally double as piledrivers, or store on his shoulders in robot mode.

I should mention that since this is based heavily from Drawn-Steel Hero's design, i will not be releasing him to the public, not unless he gives me his permission anyway, as i know he put a lot of work into the engineering behind this. I worked with WFC Soundwave, apparently that means he gets Cybertron Soundwave. Sounds fair enough to me. I just did this as a little design practice.

So, yeah, here's "Cartridge Robot FR: Red Mode"

[​IMG]
    Data Cartridge mode

[​IMG]
    Robot mode, weapons detached.

[​IMG]
    Robot mode, weapons attached as shoulder 'wings'.

[​IMG]
    Robot Mode, armed with pulse blasters/piledrivers

And "Cartridge Robot FR: Blue Mode"

[​IMG]

*The head's Petal's head, i know. That's because Petal's head is actually a prototype for the head of the Dark Fremble Minions you see in my sig. I figured, since it was meant as a FR head anyways, i'd use it here. I quite like it, actually.

So yeah, hope you guys like him, and huge credit to Drawn-Steel Hero on Shapeways. I'll be printing my first test copy soon (DSH has already warned me this deisgn is complex, trust me, i found out the hard way), so let's hope all goes well.

EDIT: It's called "Red Mode" for a reason. This way, we have no reason to get into any (totally unrelated ;)  :lol ) FIBRIR/FIRRIB debacles.

Attached Files:

2. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    I'll take 'em! Now if only Ramrider would get his done...

3. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

Thanks a lot bro!

Since i worked to get the engineering right last night, i got very tired. So, today i finally got back to this guy, and finished him. Added all the detailing, made him look cool. Here's V2, the version which i'll have printed.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    cool