Cartoon prequel? You decide.

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Metal Maverick, May 15, 2010.

1. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

Here's a video with the origins of Skyfire/Jetfire.

YouTube - Skyfire/Jetfire's Introduction

Here we see Skyfire/Jetfire is frozen on earth before the war. He isn't unfrozen until after the ark lands on earth. In WFC he's on Cybertron fighting alongside the Autobots. And why isn't his name Skyfire in the game?

Perhaps they're just trying to be true to the cartoon by giving him a constructicons type origin?

I know, I know. This is a flame post waiting to happen... but still I'm surprised no one has made mention of this yet. At least not that I've seen.

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Oh no, people have mentioned this ALL THE TIME!

G1 continuity, but NOT G1 cartoon continuity. All NEW G1 continuity.

3. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Nobody has mentioned it because WFC is based on G1 in general, not just the cartoon.

4. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    To be honest it is hard to do a 100% true to G1 prequel so liberarties must be taken,such as Jetfire but hey atleast he has a past with starscream in the game.

5. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a combo of the cartoon and comics from Marvel, DW, IDW. I like that they are using a bit from each. Each genre had cool aspects.

6. Metal Maverick

Metal Maverick Well-Known Member

Must have missed those then, go figure. :p 

And that's the way I've always looked at it. Personally, I'd feel bad for anyone who'd have to create a prequel for that massive plot hole of a cannon. I'd much rather they just kinda redid the old cartoon. Better writing, more characterization, less Chip.

7. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Nevermind some of the alt modes they use in G1 are old or obsollete by now (I´m looking at you Starscream).

8. Nemesis*Prime

Nemesis*Prime Decepticon Renegade

News Credits:
    In terms of continuities, I'm considering the WFC one completely new and separate from all the other TF story lines that have come before (via TV, comics, or movies). The origins of the Transformers civil war has been written and re-written a dozen times, so trying to place this new story into another existing continuity would be next to impossible.

9. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Easy solve, Jetfire is skyfire's twin breather, taking up his chasis after skyfire's lost expidition.

Or maybe the game itself will cover this at a midway point before the bots leave cybertron. This is an origin story, but we don't know how it progresses yet, besides the start. Even WWI made this mistake. As jetfire was there fighting alongside prime during the war.

10. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Word. If you've at all delved into the IDW and DW comics, you know they did a nice job tidying up the messy bits of the cartoon canon in the way they rewrote it.

11. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    War for Cybertron is an entirely different continuity mostly based from G1, but also inspired by the comics, the other animated spin-offs, and also the live-action movies...

12. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    also in that clip the error is again obvious when you see Starscream in his F15 alt-mode crashing with Jetfire (Skyfire) in a pre-historic Earth where fire probably hasnt even been invented yet lol.

there's so much problems with G1 to include this one. another one is Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp call themselves "Seekers"... what exactly are they "seeking"?? lol.

if the live-action movies accomplished anything, it is that at least they've made an attempt, however small, to at least make the storyline more sophisticated but still in-sync with existing mythology (in the live-actioners, the "Seekers" actually refer to Cybertronians "seeking" sources of Energon so that was good).

13. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Um... no.

"Seekers" was a fan term for the Decepticon jets. It only became official when it was used in The War Within, probably with the metality of "Hey, all the fans are calling them that; why don't we do so as well?" The jets were never once called "Seekers" in the original cartoon or Marvel comics.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

As far as I know, none of those characters ever called themselves "SEEKERS" in the G1 toon.