Cartoon Network's Toonami Cancelled.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Tekkaman Blade, Sep 20, 2008.

1. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
  2. TJOmega

TJOmega The Plastic Addict Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Gee, wonder why it tanked after neutering everything that ever made it popular, damning it to a single day, taking all style out of it, replacing popular shows with whatever they had lying around, removing the attitude, removing the music, removing the characters.... I just cant figure it out!

3. Omega Supreme V

Omega Supreme V The token Asian one

I stopped watching it...mainly because Naruto was the only thing that remotely peaked my interest, but when it came down to it, Watching that crap they had on there after they took all the shows I liked off wasn't worth my time. Though, They did bring back Samurai Jack...which is awesome, wish they brought back Megas XLR too though...damn CN..

4. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This coupled with Geass being moved to FIVE AM on Adult Swim just proves that the whole channel is going to be Johnny Test and Family Guy reruns 24 hours a day.

5. Aberration

Aberration Templar Rodimus

News Credits:
    ^ This.

I have very fond memories of watching Toonami after classes in college, when it was stuff like DBZ, Big O, Outlaw Star, and Gundam Wing. They'd make their own anime music videos, TOM would talk to you and show pictures the kiddies mailed in. And their first "total immersion event", The Intruder, was awesome.

But it's definitely nothing like that anymore, so maybe it's best that it goes. I do wish the team could strike out on their own and create something that captures the spirit of the original Toonami, but that's probably unlikely :( 

*goes off to Toonami Digital Arsenal to reminisce...*

6. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Pretty much the people who cared about entertainment have left and were left with the corporate mandate "How much can we do for how cheap" I feel bad for todays children they no longer have networks concered wth quality entertainment for them. As the competition dwindels you end up with the least effort getting aired more often, or the good shows being rerun till your sick of them. I miss the Saturday weekends of old when the networks competed and pt their best efforts forward. For every TFA, Spectacular Spider-man/ Avatar we get 20 Johnny Tests, ED EDD and EDDIE, phineous and ferbs.

7. Ironhide546

Ironhide546 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I do think Chowder and Flapjack are brilliant :p  Shame kids don't have enough good action shows.

8. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

WHAT!!! Toonami is like a part of cartoonetwork. WHY would they cut it off!!? :Gouki:  Toonami is what made me love 5 of the greatest anime shows ever!! This is sooo messed up!!

9. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    Now they need to finish the job and end adult swim.Aside from robot chicken it is all crap and repeats of family guy :banghead: 

10. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't even watched Naruto since the end of the arc with Sauske leaving for Orochimaru. I've seen the subs before. I mainly haven't had time or cared enough. Still downloaded them all out of habit. will probably get back to them sometime.

11. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not that I watch dubs, but was Bleach on Toonami?

12. pinoy78

pinoy78 Shoji Kawamori having FUN

LOL. That's too bad.

I don't watch shitty animes like Bleach and Code Geass.

13. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

This is both depressing and relieving at the same time.

While I have loads of fond memories of Toonami (I'd been watching since the Moltar days), I do admit that it'd become a shadow of its former self, if that.

I mean, the weekday timeslot...the custom intros...TOM not looking like an idiot...NON ANIME PROGRAMMING...

When it became the All Naruto Block, I just stopped caring completely and without regret.

What will become of Peter Cullen, now?

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Huh. I didn't know Toonami was still on.

15. J.H.N

J.H.N the HARSH one

robot chicken....and Venture Brothers, Metapocalypse, Boondocks among some other brightspots. its not all crap.

16. Tekkaman Blade

News Credits:
    Don't forget Venture Bros. That's a great show.

17. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Venture Bros and Robot Chicken are all I watch these days. They ruined Ben 10 with Alien Force. Naruto is still good, but it is in the filler eps now. Other than that CN is crap.

I wish they would make a CN classics network and have Boomerang show Flintsones and such from the 60's/70's and make CN Classic show stuff from the 80s/90s. Have it include GI Joe (Sunbow and DIC), Centurians, MASK, Voltron, Thundercats, Jaycee & the Wheeled Warriors, Real Adventures of Johnny Quest, Swat Kats, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Freakazoid, Road Rovers, Tick, and so on. Bring back the classics that was one CN when it started.

18. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  19. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Gaastra, those videos are awesome!
    I like this one too:

YouTube - Toonami Dreams

I have fond memories of Toonami, but it's been several years since I've really paid much attention to it due to me living without cable for so long. Even if Toonami did kind of suck here more recently, it still makes me kinda sad to know it's dead, because it used to be awesome in the day. It seems like all the stuff I used to be fond of is gone today, makes me feel a little depressed.

20. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty depressing, but I knew it would come to this when the new head of CN, like a male lion taking control of another's pride, began eating and killing the previous leader's cubs to make way for his ideas. JL? Canceled. Samurai Jack? Canceled. Teen Titans? Canceled. Countless other shows? Canceled.

Adult Swim is run by stoners and /b/tards who only get joy from upsetting their audience. For every Venture Brothers there are a thousand William Street shows made for $5 bucks that aren't Space Ghost or Aqua Teens that are the closest to visual diarrhea we'll get.

"Banish those stoooopid Japanimation shows to the early hours in the morning when our REAL demographic -- half-drunks and losers with the munchies just stumbling home and passing out in front of television are awake! EVERYONE really wants to watch 12 Oz Mouse and Super Jail or what's basically the SUNDAY LINE-UP FROM THE PREVIOUS WEEK!!"

I'm sure there's more examples of their druggie sense of how to make foul television, but I'm not in the mood to go searching for it.

Screw the people running Cartoonelodeon Network. I'll watch Bleach, Code Geass, and Shin-Can on DVD along with the shows that were part of Toonami past. Outlaw Star, Kenshin, DBZ, Armada, and Thundercats.

See you in Hell, TOM. It was fun while it lasted.