Cartoon Network head resigns!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ogami Daigoro, Feb 15, 2007.

1. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

Yeah, same here. :( 

2. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Let's be clear here, I wasn't saying they SHOULD play Space Ghost and Sealab. I was saying they should get back to those concepts. Take old heroes and tear them down in a good way. Why the hell haven't we gotten something related to Thundar? Or heck, I don't know, a new show in the comedy block that's actually as funny as even Aqua Teens? (Metalocalypse aside)

I must say though, I just iTunesed myself Frisky Dingo season one yesterday and THAT is some good shit. The classic villian and hero with modern day budgetary concerns. Sure, it's been done. But the times I've seen it done it didn't come off quite as ridiculous in the funny vein. Get more shows like that, and it'd almost be worth getting cable or satellite again.

3. Diaclone X

Diaclone X MS Paint Demon!

because I like that show

4. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I think Ben 10 is their strongest current show. I am glad my kid started watching it or I may have missed out.
    Swat Kats and He-man on Boomerang? Thanks. I'll keep an eye out for them! :thumb .

THey buried TMNT even deeper than Energon. I mean, why even buy it to air it if you are gonna hide it at 4 a.m.? ANd I have never watched a live action movie on Cartoon Network and I never will. Some of them I can kind of see why like Spider-man, but Dumb and Dumber?

You know, I was expecting Jackie Chan adventures to show up on CN but it went to Jetix. Instead Cartoon Network gave us Reanimated. My six year old watched 10 minutes of Reanimated then changed the channel to Jackie Chan.

I didn't mean to imply that you were either.
    I agree with what you are saying. I kept waiting to see a Zan and Jana show similar to Harvey Birdman and instead got Squidbillies. Watched four episodes -never even chuckled. A Thundarr show would be greatness.

I'll have to check out Frisky Dingo. I so distrust Adult Swim's new content (Assey McGee?) I may have missed out.

Sorry, Diaclone X. IMO Bobobo has bad animation, bad dubbing and is just all around dumb. Toonami should be the home for Transformers: Cybertron, The Batman, and Legion of Super Heroes (they're owned by the same freakin' company as DC Comics!) not some dude with "powerful" nose hair (at least they don't call it his "moustache" anymore) and the Prince of Tennis.

5. Diaclone X

Diaclone X MS Paint Demon!

Whatever, I still like it.

6. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully, just hopefully they'll cut out the live action crap soon and stop hiring animators fresh out of the Art Institute of Atlanta...half of the crap that we get from them is from new grads from that school or some of them are still in school while they get pulled up from the minors. I know this for a fact because I used to go to that school as an animation major, and i'm glad I didn't stay there. Pee Wee's Playhouse is just terrible, with what little animation it has, and all the animation derivatives such as Tom Goes to the Mayor, down to Save By the Bell are just disgusting. I don't turn on the CARTOON NETWORK to watch live action! I want some animation >.<

7. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

Frisky Dingo is brought to you buy the crew who did Sealab 2021. In fact, the premiere episode starts with the Sealab 2021 theme being shown, and is cut into by Killface, making his announcement of world domination. And if THAT doesn't trip your trigger, the blunder twins in charge of the marketing campaign will.

8. Greenshadow0

Greenshadow0 Well-Known Member

You rule. Bobobo for the ultimate win. :thumb 
    It's back on now, sat. 8:30 pm.

9. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Where are the good shows at? I haven't seen Venture Bros, Metalokalips, or Frisky Dingo in a while now. Are they between seasons or something, cause all I'm seeing is reruns of Futurama, Family Guy, and the new shit that I can't stand.

Tim and Eric both need to have a dictionary shoved up their asses. Yeah, look up what 'great show' means. Sure as hell won't see yours there.
    Saul of the Molemen isn't too bad, if you like stupid humor, but it has no place on CN.

10. DrSpengler

DrSpengler The Real Ghostbuster

Swat Kats is currently on in the afternoon. They just recently putit back in rotation, as they're at the beginning of the first season right now. He-Man is off the air at the moment, but they gave it a very fair run (they ran throught the entire series at least 5 or 6 times before replacing it).

So TMNT is still on the Cartoon Network? Jeez, 4am...that's awful. 4am is the typical Hanna Barbara or Captain Planet type of rerun slot, not something new like TMNT. What a waste, indeed.

There's a new show on Fridays I am kind of enjoying, though: Class of 3000. The humor in the show is real quirky and on the nose and gets a good laugh out of me. It's better than Fosters or My Gym Partner is a Monkey, anyhow. The musical segments are the only part I don't like, so I just change the channel during those parts. The last thing I EVER want to hear is Tom Kenny rapping.

11. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't you guys use TIVO or something?

12. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    The way CN has been bouncing shows around can TIVO keep up?
    I know my DVR from Verizon has a hard time updating as sporadic as their schedule is.

I tried to record the entire series of the Fantastic Four but about half the shows were something else. According to the Guide information, it thought it was recording FF.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

TiVo is not in England as far as I am aware.

14. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know I agree with the masses about you sucking and all, but if ther were some way I could, I'd record em and ship em to you. Truly one of the few cartoons on CN worth a damn.