Cartoon Network head resigns!

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Ogami Daigoro, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Finally the CN idiot exec who "hates cartoons" is gone. He's been the one behind the live-action stuff (Saved By The Bell) being shown as well as the inane original animated stuff (Ed, Edd and Eddy). Unfortunately, it may not mean that we'll get good animated content back like Justice League, Samurai Jack, etc. And he was fired for the whole Aqua Teen Hunger Force fiasco.

Check the link for a very good discussion on the story.
    http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=100974

2. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Old news. I agree that it's good he's gone, but I think he "left" for the wrong reason. He should have been forced out for pushing the live-action crap and canceling the GOOD toons.

3. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    LOL -I thought the thread was titled Cartoon Network Head Designs.
    I thought they would be the design sketches for Heroes.

On topic -I'm glad he's gone. CN needs to be shaken up so they can return to greatness. They need to get past the mentality of showing Foster's Home for 8 hours a day. Foster's is a great show, but come on.

Also, if they could lose the Friday's program in its entirety that would be HAWT.

4. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

What's wrong with Ed, Edd and Eddie?

5. Samana Rombuca

Samana Rombuca Well-Known Member

Good news is never old news.

6. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Nothing. Nothing at all.
    However, I find the hosts of Friday's annoying and unnecessary.
    And the program runs for several hours, and then they immediately repeat the entire show. Add to that the fact that the Saturday morning line up is made of largely the same shows as what was shown Friday night -twice.

That is my major gripe with Cartoon Network. It’s like they arbitrarily pick certain shows and air them over and over again while other shows are shown intermittently and with inconsistent times.

A few years ago they plastered the airwaves with Teen Titans.
    It was literally on for six hours a day. I love the Teen Titans, but me and my kid need to watch something else every now and again.
    Apparently a lot of other people felt that way, ratings fell, and the Titans went from being on all the time to being on once at 5 a.m..
    Then new episodes appear unannounced at that time slot and not many people saw them so they cancelled the series.

Remember the new He-Man? That was a great show. But it was on weekdays at 4:00, then 4:30, then 6:00. Then Saturday only at 5:00, then 5:30. I could never find it! It was on before Justice League, then after. Then Justice League and He-man were gone for three weeks. Then they were back.

For a while Adult Swim used to run bumpers about how they liked their viewers to complain that they kept moving their shows. Bad business -even for that market segment.

7. Rhinox

Rhinox We bring surreal to life

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You mean aside from it being total crap?

And I would love to see 'Fridays' burn, as well as Tim and Eric. Their 'awesome show' is just terrible.

I certainly hope the new head will know what he/she is doing.

8. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Finally! We may get some good shows again! Or a better timeslot!

Btw, Ed, Edd, and Eddy ftw.

9. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    YAY! No more live-action crap! :D 

But yeah, while it doesn't assure us that Samurai Jack or Megas XLR will come back, it's reassuring that maybe now we'll get someone with a brain. But I think the real reason why Samurai Jack got canned was because Genndy Tartakovsky abandoned that, Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter's Lab for Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Three of his greatest cartoons, put aside for some fucked-up cartoon that looks like you have to be SO STONED to actually make it funny.

Way to fuck up, Genndy Tartakovsky.

EDIT: Ed, Edd, 'n' Eddy FTW!

10. McBradders

Uh, Tartakovsky doesn't do Fosters as far as I am aware. Uh, the -creator- of the PPG does it.

I beleive Tartakovskys departure has something to do with Hollywood.

11. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

True. Foster's is Craig McCracken's show (Powerpuff Girls was also his). Tartakovsky
    most recently did the Clone Wars cartoon and is currently directing the new Dark Crystal movie (which has stalled for the moment).

Oh and Ed, Edd, and Eddy is a great show!

12. Night Flame

Night Flame TFW2005 Supporter

I thought Ed, Edd, and Eddy had been around since before the current head's time. And, for what little it's worth, I actually thought it was mildly entertaining. Not great, but OK.

But Cartoon Network has ALWAYS been stuck on virtual replay. Before the current crop of always on crap we had the Scooby Doo Network, and we all remember how sickening that was, don't we? Scooby Doo Where Are You. Followed by Scrappy Doo. Followed by the Scooby Doo Movie Hour. Followed by another Scrappy Doo. Then the Scooby Doo Kids show. The another original Scooby Doo. Then, just to make sure everyone got enough, they'd replay the entire thing. Then, at night, they'd do a Scooby Doo Where Are You marathon, just to drive the point home that they WILL. NOT. HAVE. OTHER. SHOWS. EVAR!

Except for twice a week when they had Cartoon Cartoon surrounded by three new cartoons. Thank dorg for Power Puff, Johnny Bravo, and Dexter's Lab. They were the only things I'd tune into back then. My older dog will still come running from anywhere in the house if she hears the Power Puff theme. She loved that cartoon as a pup, and even used to carry around a stuffed Buttercup that was almost as big as her.

Here's to hoping Cartoon Network can find the magic again. Something as good as Megas or any of the Dexter's Lab era cartoons would be awesome to see again.

13. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Does anyone remember the days of when Toonami was good, and on during the week? And the days of Cartoon Cartoons where they would premiere brand new shows and let people vote in on them? I mean those were the good days, before they changed their bumpers and got all retarded. I want my Toonmai Midnight Run back >.<

14. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I do remember the Scooby Doo era, though I don’t remember it being as bad as that. They also did the same thing with the various Flinstones shows.
    However, Cartoon Network was an infant then and they didn’t have much original programming to rely on. Scooby Doo, Tom and Jerry, the Flintstones and Looney Tunes (remember June Bugs?)-those shows got people watching.
    You mean when they would show Voltron, Thundercats, Gundam, Zoids, the Max Fleischer Superman cartoons and other assorted coolness?
    When the movies were things like Blue Submarine No. 6?
    Now those shows are replaced by Bobobo Bobobobo and Zatch Bell. I’ll never understand it.
    I don’t see why they can’t do a similar thing like Toonami Midnight Run on in place of ‘Fridays’.
    Couldn’t they put a ‘Toonami Vault’ on Boomerang?

15. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Any answer they come up with is irrelavant.

16. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I don't care much for Foster's, Ed/Edd/&Eddy, or any other CN original.. I loved JL and JLU as well as Teen Titans. The Fridays thing is total crap and the ads alone make me ill.

I thought He-Man got cancelled because the toy line bombed (because of 100 He-Man/Skeletor Variants).

I just my Megas XLR back at least. Then bring back Titans and JLU,

CN Adult Swim is going down the toilet. Most of the shows look awful and you need to be stoned to find funny. Venture Bros and Robot Chicken are the only ones I watch.

The best thing they did on CN was the week after they screwed up the Big O! finale they played the first 10 seconds of the episode they mistakenly showed then cut to a card that said "Just Kidding!" and showed the real episode. Priceless!

17. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Does anyone remember the bumper where they played the telephone scene from Swingers with Elmer Fudd making the phone calls to an in-drag Bugs Bunny? Genius.

Random babblings from Foster's Home re: liking TV? Crap.

18. Lord Megatron

Lord Megatron FFFF

Zoids was awesome. I watched CN in the mornings just for that.

19. McBradders

Yes. It was a great show.

20. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    There... fixed that for you...