Non-TF: Carry On My Wayward Son

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Rogzilla, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought I would share some of my work. I haven't done a lot of fan art lately and have never done any Transformer art (that I would want to share*). Most of what I've done lately are in relation to the book I've written but this is a pretty recent couple of sketches. So here are a bunch of my favorite characters from Supernatural.

[​IMG]

I like it overall as I think (if you watch the show) you can tell who is who, though John Winchester ended up a little wonky as his eyes don't line up to the jaw line. What I liked about doing this drawing was that it resulted in my realization that I do, in fact, have my own style. It's something I'd been struggling with recently.

Attached Files:

2. Bort826TFWorld

Bort826TFWorld OOGA CHAKA

News Credits:
    Love the show, and I would like to see something out of this! Frikkin' schweet. :thumbs2: 

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Damn, those kick ass. Even before I read your post I instantly recognized each one! :D 

4. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I really like all of the personality in your illustration designs here. Thanks so much for sharing :thumb 

5. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the great comments guys.

@Bort826TFWorld - I might just do something with it but I don't know what yet. It actually started when I heard that they were making an anime series that would take place about season 2 of the show. Not as much of a fan as anime as I once was, I started doing more cartoony drawings but I just didn't feel like I was getting likenesses. So I tried this and realized my own personal style!

@SPLIT LIP - Well that is just twelve sorts of awesome right there! Thanks!

@Superquad7 - Thanks man! I'm glad to be able to share it. I figured if I'm going to try and get more involved in the art community on the forums, I should probably contribute something myself.

Again, thanks everyone for your comments. I really appreciate it.

6. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Hey, what is the title of your book & is it available @ bookstores yet? I like these drawings, the exaggerated eyes, the expressions.. they look like they're all in on something devious together and are now mistrustful of each other. Seeing how I don't know anything about supernatural, I recognized the guy on top as Luke Skywalker.

7. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Alas it hasn't been published. The book is being reviewed right now by a few trusted sources. Once they get back to me, I'll make any last tweaks to the book and start shopping for publishers (though I'll probably get an agent first).

You should check out the show though. It's the only good show on the CW (except the occasional good Smallville episode) and you'd find your assesment is actually rather accurate. I'll take that as a complement too. ;-)

8. B'Bantor

B'Bantor Bug Drone

Hulu has a few episodes available (just checked) I'm off to watch:) 

9. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Be sure to keep us updated about this :) 

10. Rogzilla

News Credits:
    Oh believe me, when this get's published, I'm gonna let EVERYONE know, so they can go out and buy it!