Carpal tunnel question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ecchokat, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    I am a teacher so I work with my hands alot. I have been having pain and numbness in my fingers for almost a month. I had some test done last week and went back to talk to the doctor today. Its carpal tunnel as we all thought. My only real option is surgery on my right hand my left is still in pretty good shape. I am in pain a bit and I can't enjoy playing with my kids at work and I feel like the other teacher has to do all the heavy lifting so I am prob goint to have the surgery soon.

My big question is has anyone had it done on here? What is the down time you had to go through? My doc said 3 weeks prob. How is your hand or hands after the fact>

2. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I had it once. Its painful as hell. Mine extended to my arm. It took me maybe a month to heal. While working, I would massage it from time to time and do wrist exercises. My hand and my arm are both okay now. Its completely back to normal. I didn't use any brace. I didn't take any leave either. I just sucked up the pain and went through my normal days.

<--- See its back to normal now.

<---- I did similar excercises. I found this helped me a lot. I did this to feel that the ligaments are stretched. It was painful but felt good as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Kuma Style

Kuma Style Toy Photography TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    My mom had it done, and it was about a month. She's said it's like night and day though.

4. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

5. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Mine healed without surgery. Just normal excercises and massages. Its been almost three years now.

6. CripNite

CripNite That Whack Canuck Dude

My mom went through this too. Did the brace for a long time, finally had surgery in her right forearm. When the right hand was bad and she was compensating a lot with the left it was worse in that one. She still has it in the left, but it's not that bad now that the right is fixed.

7. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    A guy I worked with had both wrists operated on simultaneously and was out for about 4 weeks, he wore the braces for a while and of course did his PT as directed, the surgery was a complete success and he's doing great. He had to deal with heavy machinery so he was off work, you may not have to be, just depends on your daily routine.

Good luck, whichever way you go. :) 

8. Ecchokat

Ecchokat Ponyologiest for Hire!

Ebay:
    Thanks for all the advice and all. I am having the surgery on Nov 18th and I will prob miss two to three weeks of work. I hate to do it but I can't enjoy teaching my little 2 year olds with my hand this bad. Typing with the left hand only is not easy lol.