2D Artwork: Carnage

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Z.U.D.O.N, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Z.U.D.O.N

Z.U.D.O.N Camshaft's Master

Okay, not exactly the "Carnage" you'd find in Marvel: Spider-Man, but I couldn't find a better name for this guy. Hope you guys like it. :) 

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Magmatron22

Magmatron22 HADOUKEN!!!

How in the world dose he transform??
    (not to go off topic but I rely like your comics and I was hopeing U could check out mine i have only got one so far and there called magmacomics. Thanks :eek: )

3. Z.U.D.O.N

Hi there, Magmatron22! :)  Yeah, I've seen your comics in the listings, but haven't had the time to read them. But no worries, I will ASAP. :)  (Thanks for reading my comics! ^^)

As for the transformation, I put in a bit of the "Movie Overdone Transformation" theme, whereby practically everything "twists and turns". He can transform into that, but it's very complex. I probably have to draw separate diagrams of his transformation so that everyone understands it. :lol 

Anyway, I'll put it in words first:

1. Nosecone splits and stretches far to the sides to form hip armour plates. The sides of the nosecone halves split as shown in the drawing for design sake. :lol 

2. Outer parts of the base of the plane form the legs. (Okay, it's hard to explain without drawings, anyway..) If you "hold" the back portion of the outer parts (which are near the thrusters), "fold" them forwards and you have the legs a bit further out than how they should be.

This would mean that Carnage has thighs, but his lower legs are sort of hollow. Consider Universe Silverbolt as an example. :) 

3. Then the inner parts of the plane base are left. Fold these "outwards" so they'll be nicely positioned as arms. Then there are serious twists an turns into the design you see, and the arms stretch and hands pop out.

Since the arms are out, the "bones" chest design is revealed.:) 

4. The legs then move inwards so they don't stick out too much (like Movie Starscream). The hip armour (nosecone) also pushes in a bit more. Some serious twists of metal and where the "exhaust" portion is.. That's where the legs will "fold out" from.

5. Now the thrusters are moved to the "top" of the plane. If he's in robot mode, that would be at the "back" so this way he can still fly.

At the same time, with the thrusters gone, the head is allowed to pop out from inside the body. If this were a toy, there would be a button to release/activate the head so it "springs out" of the body.

6. Lastly, the wings of the plane, which is probably the hardest bit to understand. As you see in the drawing, each of the wings is divided into three segments/sections. I couldn't come up with more because it would look too complicated. So, it's like several little sections of the wing of the plane are folded to make it look like "bird or devil wings" per say.. Then what is the "rear" of the wings in plane mode are folded so that it doesn't make the wings LINEAR of STRAIGHT. It gives the wings more shape in robot mode. :) 

7. One more thing: The Nightmare Staff. Apparently this one would probably appear out of nowhere, something like how Movie Starscream first has arms then the missiles just magically appear. So if this were a toy, the staff would not be part of the transformation.

Anyway, if it were part of the transformation, it probably would be seriously folded and misshapen underneath the top armour plating of the plane, which is the back of the robot mode. Then that plating will open up to give way for the staff to come out and it'll reshape to form the staff.

Hope this can clear things up a little. :) 

4. Magmatron22

Magmatron22 HADOUKEN!!!

Thanks!

5. Z.U.D.O.N

This is probably the first "organic" Transformer I've drawn.. If it's not a preferable style, please let me know.. :)  (Working on the other transformers as I type)

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Total Randomness Personified

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I think the name Massacre would be a nice name for your Decepticon. But hey Carnage works too. It has that movie type vibe and I dig it.

7. Z.U.D.O.N

Haha. Thanks Ezilla82 :)