Carnage in C Minor

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by jonnyshaft, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

Just saw this on the HUB, what a colossal piece of shit. The animation was flat out horrendous, the scale shifting, oversized heads, horrible motion cycle...it looked like an untalented 7th grader did it.
    We also get Huffer and Brawn fighting alongside the Constructicons. Constructicons fighting alongside Devastator, Devastator and Soundwave the exact same size, Soundwave is now a giant tape deck...
    Its ashame because having a Soundwave themed ep in season 3 would have been kind of cool.
    Not cool- Perceptor can shoot Devastator one time and he falls to pieces.
    Also not cool- Soundwave has an erase button.

One thing, kind of cool- Broadside lands on Devastator as an air craft carrier.

But seriously, this had to be the low point of G1. Its almost as bad as those recent movies.

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It"s crap, no question, but story-wise, despite what many people say, it isn't the worst episode, just the worst animated.

3. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

The thing with me is that as a child I had this episode on tape, so I've got a lot of nostalgia for this episode. However, when looking at the episode objectively, it is very tough to dispute the poor quality of the episode.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    As bad as the animation errors were, I think they pale in comparison to those dreadful singing voices.

5. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

it is pretty bad..

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup, saw it this morning at 5:30, animation wise its nothing to scream about but the story is pretty good.

7. Astronut

Astronut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    very cool: Galvatron and Soundwave flying hand in hand. :lol 

8. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

I rather watch Carnage in C-minor than The Autobot Run though.
    Carnage is shit sure but at least you get to laugh at various animation errors and stupid shit.
    The Autobot run is just shit without making you laugh.

9. darkunor

darkunor Banned

The interesting thing I read about this episode was that it actually had the same amount of animation errors per episode as the rest of season 3 but the only reason it stands out is that the errors are glaring!

10. Metal Chaos

Metal Chaos The Spark of Chaos

News Credits:
    Isn't this the same episode where ultra magnus picks up 2 of the constructicons like they were toddlers and slams them together?

11. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    I was laughing the whole time I was watching it, I'm pretty sure someone got fired after that episode.

12. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i havent seen this one yet(along with most of season 3 and 4) i shall have to see it now

13. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Will the episode is kinda ok,but the part of TJ TV Episode of G1 is funny with that episode predicted Revenge of The Fallen!

14. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator

News Credits:
    :lol 

Only to be rehired later I'm sure.

15. Ultra Lagmus

Ultra Lagmus Well-Known Member

Yeah, Carnage in C Minor is one of the worst animated episodes of the series and I think of '80s and '90s cartoon period. I remember catching it again I think in 1994 and being surprised at how many monumental errors it had. FFOD is sloppy too, but has a really good story going in its favor. Want a real shocking juxtaposition, watch Carnage in C Minor followed by Call of the Primitives.

What was it about robots that made it hard to get it right? I don't remember G.I. Joe having such monumental screw-ups. Conan the Adventurer also had the Sunbow label on it (though it had a number of superbly animated episodes relative to average animated episodes, unlike TF) and it had very few errors, the most glaring is one fight with Windfang where he's all gray and some of the evergreen trees around him are all gray.

16. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

The weird thing is pro Nazi with Broadside and Magnus using the Nazi salute and the anti gay with two bad guys holding hands.

Or it could just be the Animator having fun and I guess holding hands doesn't mean sexual relationships but that isn't fun to talk about.

17. Wikkid

Wikkid Semi-retired customizer

That episode reinforces the myth that Brawn didn't die in the shuttle crash......er something.

18. jonnyshaft

jonnyshaft Well-Known Member

Not only did Brawn survive, he was compelled to switch sides.

Its not only the errors, but just the quality of the art. Its horrendous. The proportions were never drawn worse. even the backgrounds lookd sloppily painted and thrown together. Then when they photogrpahed the cels, they had background figured on top of foreground figures. I have seriously seen better flipbooks.

Call of the primitives does have some really strong art, but the actual animation isnt that great. Theres a lot of just cel shifting. But those cels clould be framed.

19. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually quite like Carnage in C-Minor. The plot makes sense in its own way, and on the whole isn't much stranger than other episodes of G1 ("Two Optimus Primes! How do we know who's the real one? Let's have a race!"). The copious amounts of animation errors are proof of why quality control on a tv show is important, and the errors that are really off (Soundwave and Devestator being the same size, tiny Blaster, etc) are just plain entertaining, IMO. Should any G1 episodes get the Halo: Anniversary treatment and receive new animation, Carnage in C-Minor is at the front of my list for it.

20. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's the one! There's a list of (the many) animation errors here:

Carnage in C-Minor - Transformers Wiki