Card Warping...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Codimus Prime, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

Recently I've purchased some carded Antex TF Minibots.

The first pair I got had decent enough cards, and have minimal waviness to them.

The set I got yesterday had some major warping (but no creases or corner fraying), mostly above the figure.

Is there an easy way to flatten them out? I've got some weight on them trying to straighten them. Will this work or at least help?

My big issue with these is whether I should open them or not. Since they are vintage, I'd like to keep them carded just for nostalgia. Then gain, the more damaged carded ones make me want to open them.

Neither point matters that much since I have multiple versions of Cliffjumper and Bumblebee loose and of varying conditions... just not these wacky colors.

2. Codimus Prime

Codimus Prime Missouri Toy Hunter

No ideas? Anything?

3. Prime81

Prime81 Long-time Fan

I've had a warped card and I did just what you said with the weight. I placed the package on a flat surface, protected the card with cardboard and plastic and placed a heavy weight on it. It didn't totally flatten it out but it certainly helped. Not sure if there's anything else you can do for it.

4. beatrush

beatrush Collects too many things

Ebay:
    I found pinning a warped card to a wall can straighten it, eventually the weight of the figure straightens it out.

Atleast that what worked for me.

5. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan OFFICIAL MMM REP

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I would imagine that lightly steaming the card before flattening it between heavy books would help a lot, but you would have to be careful about the bubble glue and the moisture in general.