Carbomya?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Could Carbomya be the reason why Hub isn't showing G1 Season Three and Four?
    I was thinking about that last night while watching a Skyfire episode. I really hope they do, but I seriously don't see it coming. And, I think it's because of Carbomya.

2. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't think they'd air those episodes now, especially given the sensitive nature of the US's relationship with the Middle East, but that's no reason not to show the episodes from Season 3 without Carbomya. Hell, loads of them were set in space, and Season 4 had nothing to do with Carbomya whatsoever.

3. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I had this thought the other day. It probably is the reason, though it pains me to think that people in this day and age have nothing better to do than get upset over a 25-year old cartoon.

4. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Exactly, it is just a cartoon and there are plenty of episodes without it. Actually, I think the only episode that had that was "A Thief In the Night" where Trypitcon and Octane were stealing monuments. Which is kind of a shame because that is a really important episode showing why Octane was exiled from the Decepticons and was being chased in "Starscream's Ghost" episode.

5. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's also in the very first episode of the season, which kinda screws the pooch on the whole thing. It hadn't occurred to me that this might be the reason for their skipping them, but it's not implausible...

6. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm OriginalRotorstorm Fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At the end f the day they show G1 in the wee hours of the morning don't they?

7. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    I didn't know they weren't showing 3 & 4. And yeah, 1 episode wouldn't be a reason to ditch the whole season(s). There wasn't much continuity between episodes anyway.

Edit: Oh damn, I didn't realize it was in FFOD. That sucks.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2011
  8. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

That's actually a good point. Yeah, I know Carbombya was in the first episode of 5 Faces of Darkness like Chris said, and its also in that episode with Octane and Trypticon like Tigertrack said. Also, part of it can be because they want to focus on episodes with Optimus Prime and Megatron as the leaders versus Rodimus Prime and Galvatron. Even though G1 is aired late at night, I think Hasbro would still like to focus on G1 seasons 1 and 2 mainly because the DotM counterparts are mainly taken from characters in those seasons.

9. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably, but I still think Carbombya is funy as hell.

10. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As others have said, they could just not air that "Theif in the Night" episode, as that is the offensive one. The "FFOD' part with Carbombya in it isn't as offensive, so I doubt that's it. I think it's just a matter of them wanting to save those episodes for later. They haven't aired GI Joe 1986 season yet either

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You would think, though, that with new Kup and Scourge toys out, and Rodimus and Cyclonus re-released in their two-pack, that airing it would help advertise those!

12. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The hub started airing G1 episodes in October of last year? There are enough s1 and s2 episodes to keep them in rotation for many more months before needing to freshen things up with season 3. It could also be they're delaying the airing of season 3 to build up anticipation, to boost ratings once they start slipping after the 10 or 20th iteration of season 1 and 2.

13. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think this is the reason at all. As somebody else, I think they'll just rotate season 1-2 a couple of times and then launch "new" episodes, perhaps to coincide with "new" Prime.