Car Troubles...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AnAutobot1985, Sep 1, 2012.

1. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

Ok. So I drive a 2004 Chrysler Sebing 4 cyl.

Lately I've been having issues.

It all started with the RPM's. Every now and again it would struggle and have a hard time exceeding 2000RPMs. A major pain when trying to turn onto a street or get going after a stoplight.

Lately too its began to start to stall when I try and start it up. Luckily its still turned over, every time.

Anyone have any idea as to what it may be? Fuel intake/misfiring? That's my guess as of the moment. May go buy some fuel injector cleaning solution and see how that goes.

Thanks everybody!!

2. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Fuel pump might be starting to go out.

3. PurdueAV2003

PurdueAV2003 Engineer

News Credits:
    I'd check the fuel filter first. Filter elements are cheaper than a pump. It definitely sounds like a fuel problem, though, not an ignition problem. If it was an ignition problem, the engine would usually be running pretty rough.

4. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I drive a 2005 Chrysler Seabring and also having a problem, as my check engine light is on and has been for some time
    here's the problem as it is apparently common in this brand of vehicle
    One of the cylinders is misfiring causing the others to overwork and compensate thus sending too much fuel into the manifold. TADA!! Not bad for a chick huh?
    Once you get this fixed you should see a drastic change in how much fuel you use. Also don't be surprised if you fail a smog test during this time too.
    Too much fuel into the manifold also means too much output into the environment.

Of course, I could be totally wrong, this is just what is wrong with my vehicle.

Please keep me up to date as what could be wrong with your vehicle could also go wrong with mine in the future. And please also ask your mechanic this, that whatever is wrong with your vehicle if it is common amongst that type of vehicle.

5. AnAutobot1985

AnAutobot1985 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone.

Not bad at all. I'm impressed. Thanks for your input.We Sebring owners gotta stick together LOL. Seriously though, what you say sure would explain why my vehicle all the sudden is so poor with gas mileage. I'll definately let you know what it turns out to be.

6. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Could just be a computer problem, my Mums Golf wouldn't allow her to rev high intermittantly, which was a pain if she wanted to move off at a roundabout.

7. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Sounds like what happened to my PT Cruiser a few years back, and it ended up being an ignition system issue where I needed to replace my wires. At least 2 of my plugs were pretty bad as well, so I just had all of it done for obvious reasons, and it wasn't too bad on the wallet couse I was getting pretty close to a tuneup anyways.

I've also been having issues lately with harder than usual idling when the A/C's on (which is a real pain these days when I need to have the a/c on like 95% of the time I'm driving), and I wouldn't be surprised if one of the plugs/wires is fucked again, especially since I had shitty plugs installed last time. A guy I work with who used to be a mechanic suggested I try some fuel injector cleaner before I do anything else couse again, its a common issue & whatnot.