Car towed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Today i got my car towed by the cops. I didnt burn no stops, no speeding just a verification, the cops go to me your licence is revoked, i go hows that possible i asked the driving registry that if my licence was ok and if i was able to drive and they go to me yeah yeah its fine. The cops didnt believe me and didnt seem to care. My car its at the inpound for a month and its going to cost me 1700$ like i have that kind of money to throw away like that. I feel like crap, sad and depressed :-(. Stupid registry. Did this ever happened to any of you guys?

Just felt like sharing

2. jazzmasta32

jazzmasta32 Well-Known Member

I got pulled over once because my plates were expired. The cop just let me go home and take care of it, though...

3. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Only ever been pulled over once, cut off a cop, got let go with a warning.

Almost had my car towed for parking out front of my dad's house, apparently there is a sign (and it is there, it's just buried under other signs that are much easier to read) out front saying no street parking, but we got it taken care of without having it towed away.

Did lose my temper with the driver though...

4. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Go to the driving registry to confirm what you asked them, and to see if they have a councilor or someone who can tell you what to do in this case. You're either not telling us everything, or the cops are real morons.

5. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    From what you've said, if you go to the License registry and your Licence is still valid, then get written and dated verification of this.

Letter in hand you should be able to get your car back immediately without any problems, and probably a nice big apology too.

Having said that, all the driving/licence/insurance data is all automated and interconnected these days, which is probably how they flagged you up in the first place. ('There goes a car who's driver's licence has been revoked. Lets go check and see if it is that driver, and not another Licence holder'.) I find is hard to believe that a traffic cop could get it so wrong.

My 'assumption'? Your Licence probably did get revoked recently, which is when you went to someone in Licence registry to ask about you being able to drive, and you probably heard what you wanted to hear. IE, they may have said 'Yeah yeah its fine, once your suspension is lifted'.

But that last paragraph is just me spitballing.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  6. coppertop5150

coppertop5150 Well-Known Member

tikgnat
    Cops often see what they want and hear what they want to....

I was standing by bestbuy during the pre christmas sale..

I was recording the big mess of people with my camera

A cop was next to me.... we watched a cop come in the parking lot....
    I said to the cop next to me , that cop didnt use a turn signal when he turned in...

She tried to look away...

I said are you gonna give him a ticket...
    She said " I didnt see anything... besides im here for crowd control "

I said let me show you.... I stopped the tape rewound it... She keep looking away and said sir get that camera away from me..If you have a issue take it up with the tampa plice department...

I went ahead and mailed them the tape... the cop turning not using a signal TWICE once turning in and another going through the parking lot.....

Its sad when cops not only dont enforce the law but themselves break it...

You should do a youtube for a guy names jimmyjustice he films cops iin new york breakingthe law and confronts them about it..... very intresting vids

7. Evil Porkchop

Evil Porkchop Pork, the evil white meat

Sorry but If I would have been that cop I would have ignored you too. OK, sure it's against the law but failure to signal, but no cop I know is going to ticket another cop for something like that. Cops take care of cops, Firemen take care of firemen. Co-workers take care of each other... usually, it's just the way it is.

8. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is why you get everything in writing. In America this is where our system fails you. Instead of granting your word they immediately assume you're lying.

9. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

Yeah, don't rock the boat. Also, a regular cop can't issue parking tickets and stop cars going through a red light in my country . So I suppose a cop working on crowd control isn't allowed too, either. Delegation of duty and some such bull...

10. ArmadaJetfire

ArmadaJetfire <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

That was her way of saying "Leave me alone. I dont want to be here."
    Now let me ask you, have you ever, even once, made a turn with out using a signal? because if you did, you turn yourself into the police you filthy criminal!
    Did you ask the cop if she was going to write a ticket for anyone else who made turn with out using a signal?
    Stop being silly.