Car Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grimlocks Pretender Shell, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

Hey all,

have mnany of you suffered with serious auto issues? Recently our radiator cracked and caused a serious overheat. So we took it to be fixed, new Radiator, new hoses, and all that jazz, almost $800 down the tube.

NOw after taking her back 3 times and being told theres nothing wrong with the cooling system (which I knew there was by the fact that the car was drinking up all the coolant in a about a week.). I notice today that the radiator is spurting fluid all over the front of the car..yay. This annoys me as we already spent a lot of money and pretty much have no more ot spend on it.

Anyone else have these types of problems? or serious auto issues?

Just felt the need to vent..

2. Deathbringer

Deathbringer Banned

That sucks, Grimlock!
    i just pissed away $ 900 on my 96 Chevy Beretta.
    i took it in for inspection, and the CHECK ENGINE light comes on. The mechanic hooked it up to a diagnostic machine.Turned out that there was a SHIT LOAD of stuff wrong with my car...NEEDLESS to say , Im down $900 bucks but my Beretta runs like a champ!!!

3. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    in my many cars over the past 5 years, I've had:

Cracked engine block,
    Broken transmission x2,
    2 broken axels,
    and as of recently with my new car:

On the fabulous red Volks Bettle 99....

Dead starter, which was replaced thankfully by my extended warranty
    the door bolts snapped, leaving it just hanging off by one point.
    After that was repaired, had someone hit a shopping cart so hard it made it ricochet into the newly repaired door to dent the door and take out a 2" chunk of paint.
    My friend also backed into the bumper of my car puncturing a clear clean cut wound in it that perfectly matches her trailer hitch.

Big one was driving down 93, and the timing belt snapped on my other half's fairly new(to us) neon... ended up being a grand to fix the dented engine parts, repair to the tranny, and the timing belt. And the best part was, it happened when we were broke and I spent all my money on us moving. lol

Cars and me.. not so much on the good side.

4. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

One thing you have to watch is there are a lot of mechanics who are are rip-off artists, plain and simple.

I'm lucky because my father in law owns a garage, and he is in business for himself for this very reason, he used to work at a garage where they would over-hype what was wrong with a car just to get more cash out of people, he finally got pissed with it and opened his own shop.

I can't count the times where people take their car somewhere and get a diagnostic then get a quote of 8 or 9 hundred dollars to fix a bunch of crap that really doesn't need to be fixed.

You should do yourself a favor and get a Hays auto manual about your particular car, also check internet message boards for common problems.

I recently had a scare with my car that turned out to be a simple coil pack, and I can damn near guarantee if I had taken it to a dealership or somewhere other than my father-in-law's place would have cost me hundreds of dollars.

5. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell mmmm...energon

Thats great advice!

I joined a few forums a few months back when the problems started. Being as we started with a cracked radiator in the first place there wasn't much we could do.

Like I said the coolant was sinking fast after a month ro so, so we took it back 3 times and they couldn't locate a problem. The last time we took it they wanted us ts to get the power steering pump changed to as its leaky, but thats something taht can be solved by using PS sealant.

I'm starting to think conspiracy and that they said theres no problem just so it would get worse. I really don't know what to think.

All I know is i'm not paying for it if its the parts that are f'd up. we have a warranty on all aprts and work done in the past year.

I have access to the repair manuals however I have no clue how to actually put it into practice.