Car Designs for Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Xaddion, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Xaddion

Xaddion ...

News Credits:
    Is it just me, or do nearly all TF cars have only two doors? Are there ones with 4 doors or something?

2. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    It's mainly because a great many TFs chose sports cars as their alt modes, and most sports cars tend to be 2-door vehicles.

As for TFs with alt modes that are 4-door vehicles, yeah there are a few of them.

3. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Because the Autobot that drew the short straw and had Teletraan-1 scan him a sedan was going to be designated the "Kid-car" and have to lug around Spike, Carly, and Chip everywhere.

Plus, all the awesome cars are coupes- the De Lorean, the Mach 5, the Batmobile, Inspector Gadget's Gadgetmobile sometimes...

4. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    No dumbass would pick a sedan
    Unless its cool like Jolt or Wheeljack
    Or their dumb like Mudflap
    Also, do SUV's count?

5. captaingambit

captaingambit Urban Explorer/Toy Addict

I think I must have missed something. When was Wheeljack a sedan?

As for the sedan Transformers I can think of...

Alternators Smokescreen/Silverstreak was a Subaru Impreza WRX four door sedan.

Alternators Jazz was a white Mazda RX8 sports car which technically has four doors. I don't know if that counts as a "sedan" per se, but it does have four doors.

Armada Sideswipe was a blue Nissan Skyline GTR. Skylines are very prized Japanese sports cars. And while they are typically favored with two doors, they did come in the four door sedan variety, which is the version Sideswipe was based upon.

Cybertron Red Alert was a white and blue Dodge Magnum. While I guess you could say he's technically a "station wagon", I think that still counts as a sedan.

Movieverse Jolt is of course the new Chevrolet Volt sedan. Not much to be said beyond that.

That's all I can think of right now off the top of my head.

6. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    DOTM

7. Timesynch

Timesynch Is a Bad Hombre!

News Credits:
    Alternators/Binaltech Meister (aka Jazz) and Shockblast/Shockwave did have the suicide doors of the Mazda RX-8; it's an odd duck car (though a really nice one) that falls into the gray area of sports coupe, I think.

Personally, I'd love to see an official Transformers figure that had the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X (a rally/sports sedan) as its alt mode. But with licensing issues and the death of the Alternators/Binaltech and Alternity lines, I doubt we'll ever see one outside of the weird (and unknown KO brand) third party offering.

8. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

if you can overlook the fact some of the tf police, fire chief and ems cars are actually borderline not street legal race cars, 2 doors or 4 doors doesn't seem that much a big deal. i mean really i can understand (tho dubious) high end sports car can be used to chase suspects and hold them there while backups arrive, and ems sports car can still carry at least the first aid kits, is there really need for a 2 seater race car for the fire chief? sure he gets there first, but what's he gonna do once he's actually there? he can't haul any useful equipments nor personnel. i guess he can race to the disaster area and bark out orders to the firetrucks 5 minutes before they arrive.