Car chase scenes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Chaos Prime, Jan 2, 2010.

1. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Someone on the forums just mentioned the G.I. Joe movie, and it triggered a thought.

I saw the movie recently for the first time, and there was an amazing car chase/ fight scene which took place in France between Cobra and the Joes.
    And I thought it was was really a cool scene.
    Then I was talking to my roommate about it. I've heard many times that Micheal Bay's like the king of car chase scene, and yet in both Bayformers movies niether one of them have a car chase scene which was as good as the Joe movie.
    Revenge did have a decent one in the beginning of the movie, but it was really too short, and I really couldn't tell what was going on anyway.
    Bonecrusher did too, but again; way too short; not very full filling.

Why couldn't we have more scenes like Revenge when Sideways jumped through a building, transformed back in car mode, and they repeated that a few more times, and made it more dynamic.

Is anyone with me on this here? Know what I'm trying to say?

2. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Yes, I'm still wondering why there weren't more/longer/exciting car chases in the movies..seems a given to me.

The movie one Bee/Barricade was slightly interesting, but way too short and didn't feel really fast.

3. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay said he got bored of car chases on the first movie's DVD: the freeway chase with Bonecrusher he vowed to never do again.

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    But that really wasn't a chase..there were cars lining up and then they transformed and fought. I'd really like to see a real car chase, have them transform in between a couple of times, take ramps..etc.

I mean come on..this is a movie involving kickass robots disguised as sportscars..

5. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Are you serious? That's incredibly lame. If there is a movie which is supposed to have a kick ass car chase scene, it's Transformers.

6. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

After blowing up the bus he said that was it for car chases.

7. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I would agree. If any film could be said to justify a car chase it would be Transformers. I still can't believe they ain't talkin' as cars though...and especially as Mr Bay has made his name directing ridiculous car chases.

Mind you he really has to stop repeating himself. Not only does Bad Boys II contain two versions of essentially the SAME car chase, but The Island contains what is simply a more brutal retread of ideas used in the that film as well.

Transformers Bumblebee/Barricade 'chase' (hardly worthy of the description in my view) winds up in a dusty sun dappled warehouse that looks identical to the one featured in the latter half of the car chase in The Island...

8. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movies Fan/Supporter

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Alienbot is right he says that in the dvd

9. mrfang2

mrfang2 leader of team rejects

News Credits:
    he should do one with sideswipe and sunstreaker chasingdead end through a city, go into a multi level garage, go off a jump on the top floor and convert in the air smash one another into the buildings on eather side. they will smash into the ground jump up and convert back to car mode. they drift around side streets until prime comes in in the other direction in power up mode and destroys dead end by throwing him in the air, jumping up, and blasting him thruogh the chest. dead ends head transforms in to a robot and escapes with noone knowing.

but that is just my idea.

10. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    Personally, I would prefer a dogfight with Starscream than a car chase.

11. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Im kinda with Bay on this one. The car chase has been done over and over and over. I'd rather see a Peterbilt dropped out of a plane and land on a giant rolling robot anyway.

12. MarioBilll1

MarioBilll1 Well-Known Member

*remembers the midair jet kill in TF1* Yeah I really agree with you.

13. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Car chase scenes are great, but it could be too expensive to include a longer version in a transformers film. Bay is known for them chases, but I think he never intended for longer versions, because he is already known for this anyway.

Personally though, it would be satisfying to watch a longer chase between Sideways and Sideswipe or evern OPtimus and Bonecrusher, it would be sweet..

14. DeathsHead

DeathsHead Well-Known Member

I would disagree with that. Any stunt sequence is expensive - especially if it entails closing down sections of highway - but nowhere near the cost of sequences involving heavy use of computer fx; it's cheaper to shoot the Transformers as cars than it is to have them strolling about in the park.

I agree that it has more to do with Mr Bay having used up his enthusiam for such things in his other films. This is rather unfortunate given that no other franchise could offer quite the same possibilities for what could be the most extraordinary car chase ever filmed. Oh well.

15. Defenestrator

Defenestrator Definitive Opinion

A feasable fan opinion, for once. I.e not dissing us fans, but it sounds like a suggestion Bay and co might take on board, and i hope they do! Man the barricade/bumblebee chase was great, and even just that scene with brawl, barricade and bonecrusher slowly coming up behind the bots before sam spots em. Moar plz