Car Boot/Yard Sale TF Finds

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Gingerchris, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Doesn't seem fair for me to keep hijacking the other guy's garage sale threads so I thought I'd just start a general one for everybody. Hopefully I'll be lucky enough to add to it regularly (in otherwords I keep finding cool TF stuff on the cheap).

Not entirely Transformers, but I found this Voltron. Missing his blue forearm, but strangely still had his blue fist. I know his chest piece is upside-down but it came like that and when I took the photo I'd not yet worked out how it came off to correct it. Also a sealed BayFormers '07 Speed Dial and Cybertron Scourge Attacktix. Much easier to grab those loose than when they were in those blind packs. £6 for the three items:

[​IMG]

And since it's apparently the done thing to do these days I immediately freed Speedy from his plastic prison:

[​IMG]

Next up it's G1 3D transforming jigsaws. I already have the Ultra Magnus one but a second one can't hurt. And the Starscream one looks to have been a French release:

[​IMG]

Same guy had two of these so I nabbed both. £3.50 for all four (I got the second Bluestreak one half price):

[​IMG]

And since I can easily get my hands on one now I can answer the question someone asked me about the jigsaw Magnus cab when I posted about my other in another thread recently. It is indeed in Optimus Prime's colours as depicted on the box:

[​IMG]

So there you have it. Feel free to add. I know at least one person here recently found a Stunticon Breakdown for 50p at a car boot sale. :) 

2. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Another pretty good car boot find. A couple non-Transformers 'Omega Supreme' sets. I think these were out around the same time as early Transformers, even though the guy selling them kept calling them 'pre-Transfomers'.

He wanted £20 each but in the end let me have them £30 for the pair. Both are missing most of the clips for holding the leg casings together (got three shin clips and only one of the bigger of the two kinds of rear leg clips), which is a bit of a bummer but not the end of the world. More annoying is the Converters one has two sets of right leg casings so the left leg can't be cased. I prefer the colours of that figure though so I've borrowed the casings from the Space Tank one. Real pity though as I was intending to display both figures together.
    All in all though still quite happy as I've never owned an Omega Supreme mold.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Nemesis_Dirge

Nemesis_Dirge Banned

News Credits:
    Darkov makes repro parts for omega supreme ( the clip parts)...PM him and i am sure he could whip up some red ones for you...

4. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Cool, ta. I just might. :)  The duplicated leg casing is my biggest irk though.

5. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Omegatron!!!!!
    You wanna sell him? :wink: 
    No, seriously... PM me!

6. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    You have the back leg clips?

7. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Only one of the larger back leg clips.
    Lol. I only just got him. :p 
    I like his colours better than the other so if I'd planned to sell one of them it would've been the other. These'll probably vanish off into my TF storage eventually and maybe I'll spring for an Encore Omega Supreme.

8. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    You should go for a City Guardian Collection like this:
    Mechabot-1 Omegatron Omega Sentinel Collection! - eBay (item 260458606398 end time Aug-10-09 18:01:21 PDT)
    Damn I love those 4 together!

9. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I think I have an extra blue "wrist" piece for that voltron, any interest in selling/trading him?

10. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Lucky! I rarely get to go to yard sales, and even when I do all I've ever found was a Cybertron Dirt Boss in rather deplorable condition and minus key, but it was $.50 so I can't really complain.

I wish I could find cool old things like that stuff, though!

11. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    all i have found is a few g1 decepticons in rather beat up condition for 50 cents or less each

12. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    Got a G1 Bonecrusher sans accessories at a yard sale for ten cents. The poor, floppy sap. I always hope that somehow I'll come across a yard sale that has a G1 Trypticon or Dinobots. Sigh.

Pretty awesome haul you got, though. I do like those colors better than Omega's.

13. blahduh

blahduh Well-Known Member

The best find I EVER got at a yard sale was FinalFantasy7(Original black labeled one for PSX) for $5. Never had any luck with transformers.

14. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    My best find was a Targetmaster Scourge without Fracas

15. MrMark

MrMark Minifigure

News Credits:
    Two of my best Car boot hauls were a New Year Prime and TRU Ultra magnus both for £10and a Reissue Inferno loose complete for £4.

16. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I might have found a BM figure awhile ago when I was stupid.

17. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    I regularly see BW and BM figures, but because of the ball joints they're often missing limbs. At least with G1 stuff you'd get a whole body, even if they might still be missing some fists or a gun.
    That's now just become a wish of mine too. :) 

The other week someone had a load of G1 Astrotrains and a few Seekers, but they were in terrible condition. '07 BayFormers stuff has been cropping up too, in much better condition and with instructions and accessories since it wasn't that long ago, but nothing I don't already own.