Car audio installation 2003 Cavalier

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheIncredibleHulk, Jul 12, 2006.

1. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

I'm looking to possibly install a new radio, amp, and speakers in my wife's car. A 2003 Chevy Cavalier. But I have no idea on how to get the dash apart. Anybody done this before and know how, or can tell me where I can find out. I tried searching on Google, but haven't been able to find anything helpful. I could probably take the dash in my Jeep Wrangler apart blindfolded, but when it comes to her car, I'm clueless. Any help would be appreciated. :thumb 

2. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I'm actually in the process of putting a new stereo in my car too. I ordered everything from Crutchfield, and they give out these diy sheets and have free customer service. I'm assuming you didn't get your stuff from there, so I would say your best bet would be to try to find some forums for chevys, and go from there. I got some help by looking around on nissan forums for some instructions for my infiniti, so you shouldn't have any problem with a car that's so much more popular.

3. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I'd suggest picking up both the Chilton's and the Haynes' guides for the Cavalier. Before I installed the new stereo/cd player with aux and USB ports in my Cherokee, I picked up both manuals from Amazon, and they made the entire process so much easier.

4. Kicker

Kicker Feel the power!!!

Ebay:
    you can buy the install guides form crutchfield for like $5.00 each. They're free if you buy anything from them, so i'd buy the wiring harness, antenna, and dash kit from them, then you'll have everything you need.

pm me and i'll give you my referral code to get you a discount, and me $20.00 off my next order.

5. Kicker

Kicker Feel the power!!!

Ebay:
    and if you need any help, call crutchfield. The're available from like 8am to 12midnight!!!!

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Find Gary Busey!

Thanks. I'll have to check out crutchfield later on. I'm getting rid of my Jeep Wrangler so I took the system out of it. If I don't put it in her car, I'll probably sell it all.