Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future!

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Pravus Prime, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Anyone else remember this? It was a surprisingly good TV show (JMS of Babylon 5 fame and Larry DiTello wrote the series), that featured Mattels foray into interactive TV, with the toy line's main vehicles interacting with the TV screen, getting hit and scoring points. Unfortunately, the show only lasted one season, and ended on a cliffhanger that also killed off the only main female castmember.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure why, but I was hit by the urge to look up the toys on eBay. I had many of the figures back in the 80's, but none of the vehicles. I found an auction for the Phantom Striker (Bad guy jet) and all 3 of the VHS battle tapes, so I bid and won. (I was the only bidder, at about 8 Bucks. )

I've got to admit, it's kind of fun to play with. The third tape (and the hardest difficulty rating) is pretty tough.

I'm just wondering if anyone else remembers this series fondly, and if anyone can answer a question I've got: On the underside of the Striker there's a hole like for an AC Adaptor. There's no mention of it anywhere, neither booklet, box, online, nothing. Anyone have any clue what it's for?

2. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    Now that you mention it, it sound vaguely familiar. I'd have to see a youtube of either the show or commercial to jog my memory.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    I remember watching the french dub of the show. It was pretty good.

4. DevilzFan

DevilzFan CobraIsland.com Veteran

I had quite a few of the toys. My favorite of which was the 'chamber' thingy Captain Power plugged into heh. I remember my friend and I watching the tapes, jet's in hand, and getting pissed off every time out little dudes popped out of the cockpit.

5. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    lol..I bought a Power On Energizer (that chamber thing you're talking about, Devs) a couple years ago. I have it sitting here on one of the shelves in my headboard now.

I used to have the black jet that the bad guys used when I was a kid. I loved that thing to death.

6. Mega-Prime

Mega-Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the PowerJet XT-7 & the Interlocker

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. transmetropolitan

transmetropolitan nonjon TFW2005 Supporter

What was the name of that other interactive toy/TV show line with the futuristic cowboy?

8. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Ah, good times. Oddly enough, a buddy of mine is moving and the other day he called me over to check out a ton of toys he is looking to purge himself of and he opens up this box and inside was just about all the Captain Power stuff, all of it still in its original packaging. And now here's this thread. Crazy! I was tempted to buy it all, but I've got no room either.

transmetro - I believe that would be Brave Starr! Then again, maybe not...since, as far as I know, it was not interactive.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    captain power = teh lame

except the bots, the bots were cool. i had that sauron robot thingie.

10. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

"POWER ON!"
    Capt. Power was awesome, I loved the ship designs!

Still have 2 VHS cassettes which came with my Power Jet and Phantom Striker.. Looked very anime-ish (in an awesome way) and the music was fantastic!

Counting the points on yer ships was always fun. :3 *doo doo doo doo doo*

11. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

BraveStarr... Loved that show! But it wasnt interactive like Captain Power. The Toy guns had a feature where you can play a 'quick draw' game where the gun would vibrate if you lost. It had a stand to where you'd place one of the toys and if you aimed right it would send the toy into the air. It was sweet!