captain canuck question

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Crazy Ramjetty, Nov 1, 2011.

1. Crazy Ramjetty

Crazy Ramjetty marvel's got it good

okay so I'm starting to get into captain canuck and I was wondering what his powers are and what his enemies are. I looked on wikipedia and it didn't say, help please?

2. Crazy Ramjetty

I take it nobody knows a thing about captain canuck aside from "he's canadian"?

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
  4. DJBot

DJBot Well-Known Member

I only have one issue from the series, #5, dated Aug.-Sept. 1979. It does breifly recount his origin in that issue. His real name was Tom Evans, and he and his brother Mike were both Royal Canadian Mounted Police officers who were both recruited by a fictional organization called C.I.S.O. While camping with a group of boy scouts one night they encountered alien beings from another world. Tom, trying to protect the group of boys, attacked the aliens and was then exposed strange rays emitting from the aliens head. He blacked out, and when he awoke the next morning, the aliens were gone and the boy scouts were fine. He found that the rays he had been exposed to doubled his strength and speed. C.I.S.O, discovering his newfound powers, wished to create an image of their authority and power, a showpeice for Canada now that their anti-terrorist squad had begun being used by other countries as well. They provided the costume and dubbed him Captain Canuck. Soon after his brother stepped into the path of a bullet meant for Captain Canuck and was crippled and confined to a wheelchair. The story takes place in the year 1994, but depicts an at the time of publication future where spaceships and lasers and aliens all exist. Other than the aliens that attacked him in his origin flashback, the issue also features him fighting against Neo-Nazis from West Germany led by a self styled Hitler-esque man with a similar moustache and an eyepatch called Der Fuhrer. He is on a mission in this issue to rescue his friend, a native american named Stardance, and Lord West, Britains leading physicist, from the neo-nazis. At one point he rides a horse while fighting the nazis and it explains that he is an expert horseman from his R.C.M.P. training. He rescues Stardance but Der Fuhrer escapes with Lord West still held captive. The issue ends with Der Fuhrer, in a monologue to himself, removing his mustache ( fake apparently), and eyepatch which reveals a golden eye. He exclaims to himself "...Captain Canuck you're as good as dead, nobody messes with Mister Gold and lives!" Thats the cliffhanger ending. Thats the limit of my knowledge of Captain Canuck, hope that helps.

5. Crazy Ramjetty

it does, thank you djbot and aernaroth