Captain Archibald Witwicky

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by jametron, May 13, 2012.

1. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    How did Optimus Prime know about his glasses? eBay. OK, fair enough... But while watching TF1 last week, something occurred to me that I never thought about before.

How is Optimus able to recount so much detail in Cpt. Witwicky's finding of Megatron? How does he know all about Witwicky accidentally enabling Megatron's navigation system etc? I've seen the movie quite a few times, but it just seemed very odd to me for once. Optimus tells the tale as if he were there, but it seems to me he couldn't know all those little details.

2. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think all we can presume is that he deduced it himself, working backwards from the question of how the symbols could have got on Archibald's glasses. The matter of the captain going off alone, falling through the ice and coming back up talking about an ice man would have been a matter of record, there's really just that one missing step in between.

3. Rumbleburst02

Rumbleburst02 Well-Known Member

The flashback might not necessarily be Optimus recounting the events. It was probably just there for the audience. And I agree that he probably deduced most of the information.

4. jametron

News Credits:
    Well that makes sense... quite simple in fact, now I feel like a douche!
    Guess I was just having a moment :lol 

5. cliffjumperftw1

cliffjumperftw1 I have no idea what I'm doing.

Need a moment? have a twix! :p 

6. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Optimus could have learned from Bumblebbe who may have intercepted S7 communications and data at some point. Remember also, that Blackout, SS, and Barricade all use holo images of S7 Director Tom Banancheck in their vehicle modes.

Why? Where have they seen him ? They, too must know who he is, just not the location of Megatron.

7. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    The Mustache Man is Tom Banacheck? Where was this said?

8. jametron

News Credits:
    :lol  Sounds good, I think I will!

You know, the holo-images really do look like Banacheck, but I think that's more a fault of the filmmakers. What I mean is, I don't think that the "mustached man" is SUPPOSED to be Banacheck. If so they would have used that actor for the part. But actually the "mustached man" is played by an actual pave-low pilot (the guy that actually flew Blackout for filming). The filmmakers liked his look and just decided to use him for the hologrammed pilots.

9. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    “The prequel novel 'Transformers: Ghosts of Yesterday' provides a more complete explanation than in the film as to how the Autobots and Decepticons learned of the All Spark being on Earth: both sides encounter Ghost-1, a spacecraft reverse-engineered from Megatron and piloted by Sector Seven astronauts. Both sides learn of the All Spark and Megatron being on Earth, and have a battle that results in Ghost-1's destruction, but steers them towards Earth.” Transformers (2007) - Trivia - IMDb

But Chris McFeely’s given a great explanation too.

10. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    They're played by different actors.

Moustache Man is Brian Reece. Bay and the writers thought he looked exactly like what they imagined Moustache Man to look like and thus he had to change his wedding and honeymoon dates so he could film. He's also one of the MH-53 pilots.

Tom Banachek was played by Michael O'Neil.

11. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, but the book doesn't involve them finding out any specific details of what happened. All they find out is simply where to go to look for the AllSpark.

12. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 I'm a schoolgirl on the inside. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    they can hack into nearby computers and lets face it YOU CAN FINZ ANYTHINGZ ON THE INTERNETZ!

13. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    I assumed that it was Optimus Prime's ability of deduction that would late become overshadowed by his face-ripping programming.

14. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

Novels and comics are real dandy at filling in stuff, but I do not accept them as cannon. The idea of S7 being in space is ridiculous to begin with.

15. Minh'T

Minh'T Descendant of Primus

Facebook:
    Good point man