Captain America #30 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Gears, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well damn, I think this was the best issue since the Death issue. Winter Soldier beats the crap out of Crossbones and Sin, but ends up getting neutralized by the Red Skull using an old shutdown code. I don't think he's dead though. Sharon finds out she's pregnant with Cap's baby. Tony Stark is still moping over Cap, but is getting closer to the true killer of Cap. After finding out the truth behind the Shield psychiatrist, Tony discovers that Sharon delivered the killing shots. He tries to get to Sharon and apprehend her, but is too late and Sharon neutralizes the Falcon and Black Widow. I sure hope they aren't dead, but I'm not sure. Also the end of the issue alludes to a new Captain America taking the mantle. To be continued!

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Sounds cool...I didn't think I'd like Cap after his death (which was pointless and purely for shock value), but the book rocks still.

I seriously doubt though that Bucky, Falcon, and Widow are dead considering Bucky is probably gonna be the new Cap and the others are just too cool.

3. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    ...New Captain America? Fuck off, Marvel.

4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    They will probably bring back Steve Rogers in 2009 since the Cap movie will premiere that year.

5. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    In the mean time either Hawkeye, or Bucky will end up Captain America,(probaly Bucky) I thought the Death of Steve Rogers was stupid, but the writer at least handeled it well and the aftermath(in the cap books) is handled well and is very believeable. And I hate 90% of the marvel books right now........

6. Brawny

Brawny Well-Known Member

ugh. I am so sick of these "Death of.." books. When Dc did the infinite crisis bull, killed off a bunch of good second tier heroes, I stopped reading. Then Marvels house of M, "we killed off hawkeye! Oh, no, wait, he's right here!":throw  No mutants? Seem to be plenty of x books around still. I am really hating comics these days. The only titles I keep up on is TF, and soon Warcraft.

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    Its doubtful that it will be Hawkeye. In one of the one-shots right after Cap's death, Tony approached Hawkeye about filling in Cap's shoes, and he did wear the costume in that issue, but told Tony he couldn't do it. So now he is back being Ronin.

8. ViperDragon

ViperDragon Well-Known Member

No one stays dead in comic books. Haven't we all learned our lessons yet?!

9. Zathras

Zathras Vive le Quebec Libre

For those who havent read it, the first issue of Captain America : The chosen came out a few weeks ago. I have a feeling the soldier in that story will be the new Cap.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    Chosen has nothing to do with the regular books. It takes place while cap is alive and is out of continuity.

11. Omega Supreme-1

Omega Supreme-1 Autobot Sentinel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Bucky/Winter Soldier just got the Captain Punisher outfit from Frank in the latest War Journal. Castle also handed over the locker key for Steve's mask that was taken after Civil War. So, yea, it looks like Winter Soldier is being prepped to take over the title of Captain America.

12. Chrono Grimlock

Chrono Grimlock Perfect By Nature

News Credits:
    This book is damned good and keeps getting better. I originally picked up because it was part of the Civil Tie in, but it's become my favorite book since.

13. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

I never cared for Cap at all but decided to give Brubacker a shot when they relaunched it. Since issue 1, it has been a great read. And the fact that the book still rocks without the title character just proves how well the writing has been.