Captain America 25 Spoilers

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Tenebrouser, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Seriously, they just flushed the 616 even further down the shitter. Man, if Ultimates wasn't such shit I'd just read that to get a Cap fix *well, actually, Cap kicks all sorts of ass in Ultimates, but the rest is kind of shitty*, but I'm not a big fan of the Ultimate Universe.

I'm seriously stunned man... and he's got a movie coming out in 2009 *or supposed to*. Meh, death is rarely permanent in comics, but this is bogus...

*sigh* Hous of M and Civil War have really killed my interest in Marvel Comics. This is another drop in the toilet for me... hopefully Worl War Hulk and Annihalation is good, because I'm really really really really really irritated with Marvel right about now.

I mean, Civil War sucked and the whole "heroes of 9/11" stopping Cap *yeah, it wasn't ever stated to be them, but it was drawn like 'em* was ridiculous. If he was going to die than he should have died like he lived fighting for what he always believed in... of course, making him quite like Marvel did countradicted the way that they'd always written him...

2. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Eh, wouldnt be the first time they offed Captain America.
    Seriously, how many of you expect him to STAY dead? Hell, they brought back BUCKY for heaven's sake.

3. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Briefly the owner of KB Toys

News Credits:
    So wait...Jean Grey is dead again? Man I can never keep track of who's dead and who isn't anymore in X-Men...

If they were going to kill Cap his death should have been part of Civil War, that would have been a much more powerful image to end the war with...the death of Captain America...instead of some wuss ending for CW and then a meaningless death...

4. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for not putting a Spoiler warning guy.

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I no longer read non-X-Men Marvel books, so Cap's death doesn't really affect anything I'm reading. To be honest, I'm willing to give it a shot. If Marvel can actually pull an interesting story out of this, then I say go for it. Of course, knowing Marvel, this is just going to turn into a disastrous pile of crap that takes years and a major crossover event to fix.

In any event, I still think it's a bit tacky of Marvel to leak this to the news on the day the issue comes out. I know they want to boost sales, but would it kill them to wait and release the news after the issue comes out? There are regular readers of the title who don't want to know the ending before they go out to buy it.

6. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

He'll be back. They always come back.

7. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hopefully Cap's death will be as brief as Spider-man's death last year....that lasted about 1 issue.

8. TheIncredibleHulk

TheIncredibleHulk Bad Luck Incarnate

Its on the front page of Yahoo. Can't miss it if you try

9. Edge

Edge weapon of destruction

Is it just me or does marvel just use the death thing like its just another day at work?

DC kind of does the same but I don't expect to be some of the charecters they kill for a few years, Cap I expect to see alive in 5 issues or so.

What happend to dead is dead over there?

10. drippy

drippy Well-Known Member

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    As long as Captain America doesn't come back with a mullet.

Seriously, how did Superman's hair grow while he was dead?
    He didn't need to shave or trim his nails when he was resurrected, but he had a mullet.

12. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    zombie universe is awesome...(earth 2149 if anyone cares)

yeah, i agree....

even so, some people here may not have looked at yahoo or anywhere else....you shoulda just titled in captain america 25 spoilers within or something....maybe a mod can change that.....

anywho...i think this is kinda cool, and bucky will probably take over...punisher just wouldnt make sense, especially since he has a new ongoing....but id really like to see if marvel can use someone else and have them successfully take over the role of cap....it'd really be nice to see some heroes die and have someone fill their boots permanently....

13. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Well, we all suspected that this was a possibility. Nevertheless, I feel very, very sad right now.

14. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Very good read, thanks. Honestly I still think killing him off was bogus though and he went out like a chump.

15. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Is he really dead or is this like a Shield cover-up?

16. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I haven't read the issue (I don't know if anybody has!) but from what I've read around the net, it seems possible. He apparently was shot in the shoulder and the stomach. Cap has survived worse than that before.

EDIT: Marvel's website says he was pronounced dead @ Mercy Hospital. Link.

17. Hound_Dawg

Hound_Dawg Well-Known Member

I know some people want a spoiler warning but this ended up in mainstream media, I myself heard it on the radio this morning before i read it on CNN and then read about it here. Incredible Hulk had it right it is on the front page on Yahoo and unless you have some serious blinders you were gonna know this happened one way or the other.

It may not be fair to not have the warning but I don't see spoiler warnings on anything other then the Chud article. I don't think that the radio is gonna say "I have news on Captian america and if you don't want to hear it turn your radio off for say 5 mins to avoid this discussion." or CNN doing the same.

18. butz

butz slippery when wet

Somebody mentioned a (new) Cap movie in 2009?! Cool, although I really gotta hope they don't wait that long to bring him back.

19. Los

Los Now you see me...

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Everything on the Marvel site is from The Daily Bugle. The article pretty much tells you to buy Captain America #25 to get the scoop. The Bugle reports different sources on how many shots were actually fired.

Unless someone reads #25 and says different, I am going to assume that Rogers is the next Ronin!

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    if cap is somehow ronin im gonna throw a bloody fit....he should just be dead....and stay that way....

EDIT: good god....ebay is full of this book already...and wizard has put up a ton of 9.8 cgc'd copies....this is just rediculous man.....