Can't TF fans in Phoenix, AZ Get Together Like this?

Discussion in 'Transformers Conventions and Get Togethers' started by inturnmike, Oct 1, 2010.

1. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

AZ fans!!!!! WHere are you? Let's get together dor dinner, drinks, trading, showing off, etc.....Like the (cooler) Minnesota TF fans below did.....

Update 8/19/2009
    We will be meeting at the Chatterbox Pub on E 35th St at 1 PM on Saturday, August 22nd. Reservations are under "Ziese". We will be playing by things by ear after that and doing some trading there, in a nearby location, or in a Target/TRU/WalMart parking lot. We may also do a toy run at some of the stores in the area.

The following is the tentative attendees list:
    Yes
    optimusfan
    Fosterlager
    biigdady69
    Omega Magnus
    adamthered
    MegaMoonMan
    sideswipe21
    Methusalen + wife
    elkmn
    onepass348 from Midwest_Transfans

Maybe
    Shockwave22
    Lord Moke
    kmoua7
    grimlock1972

No
    StarAngel
    Seibermore
    Cloudraker
    SicklyInfected

Not allowed
    Kickback

Alright, we've talked about doing this for a long time now, so let's make it happen. I'll tentatively throw out the afternoon of Saturday, August 22nd. It seems as though the southwest metro might be a good location. Perhaps somewhere near the TRU in Bloomington:

Link to Google Map

We could meet at a restaurant nearby, then hit TRU/Wal Mart/Target, bring some stuff to swap/trade, or whatever else.

2. marvoflg

marvoflg Super Powered Warrior

News Credits:
    I would be up for this but the last time someone put up this idea, it was the weekend of father's day which would have been rough on some of us. I am thinking we should meet around this Toys r us, 12801 North Tatum Boulevard Phoenix, AZ as there is a Target/Walmart all within the same area. It is not near me so I am not playing favorites.

MM

3. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I'm down as long as it would be somewhere in the middle....I'm basically in Apache Junction as I know Dark69 and Autobot X23 are way out....

4. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Do what we did, pick a span of a month or six weeks, and hold votes for which Saturday to do this. Put it a couple months out from when you start voting, so everyone has time to plan for it.

5. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Well, I live at 40th St. and Camelback...So that is pretty centralized. I can hang out the weekend of 11/14, which I think Marv was talking about earlier (in the AZ sightings section). i think it would be fun to get some pub and grub and go shopping/trading...etc...

6. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am up for this as well and I agree with the voting. I, for one, am a big football fan and as long as I can catch my game on a Sunday (at a sports bar or something) its all good, but a Saturday would work as well.

7. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the 13th and 20th of November are no good for me. Anything around that i'd be down, however I do live in Peoria. BFE to most of you =P

8. marvoflg

News Credits:
    I am all down for voting. I picked the 14th for several reasons most being personally

1) I am out of town the previous weekend
    2) Sunday works better for me from a sanity standpoint and i do not really watch football as I get far far too upset watching the Packers.
    3) I am trying to avoid getting to close to Thanksgiving/December when every crazy idiot in the world is shopping for Christmas.

9. Mattw38

Mattw38 Well-Known Member

East Valley AZ fans

I am a huge TF fan, but am finding it impossibly difficult to meet fellow TF fans from here in the Phoenix Metro Area..especially the East Valley like Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Gilbert, etc. IF ANYONE ELSE IS INTERESTED IN MEETING-UP TO TRADE/SWAP/SELL/BUY TF FIGURES..LET ME KNOW!

10. Mattw38

I live in Mesa and don't know of anyone close-by who is also a Transformers fan and collector.

11. Mattw38

Apache Junction is close-by and would love to get together with fellow TF fans and collectors.

12. GAUGE

GAUGE In Art, Nothing Is Impossible.

News Credits:
    I'm off 19th Ave & Bethany Home Rd. I don't foresee myself making it.

To be honest, I don't think folks would really want me there anyway. I've rubbed a few the wrong way in the past. Anyway, I hope the turn-out is good.

I wish I could turn back time and start over fresh on these boards, But...The damage is done.

13. marvoflg

News Credits:
    I do not know what you did nor do I care. If you want to come, come and consider it a few leaf.

14. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    So, uh any news on this? TrAnZfans? See what I did there? :lol