Can't Get Kills W/ Scientists

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by inturnmike, Jul 26, 2010.

1. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

Hey, Guys!

I play WFC every night after work. I have lgged about 10 hours of MP and more in Escalation. In MP, I am very good with the Scout class but cannot, for the life of me, get more than 1 or 2 kills in a match w/ the Scientist class. It is becoming very, very frustrating. For one thing, I die much too quickly. I can't believe that HM decided to give them the fewest health bars, when the Scout should have the fewest since the can go invisible. Another thing I can't fathom is that this class doesn't get either the Null Ray or the other 5x scope gun. Starscream w/o his Null Ray, wtf?!

Anyway..I currently am using The Neutron Assault Rifle, Pulse Cannon, Shockwave, and Disguise. I usually begin a match by flying to where I know the overshields are (if I know where they are), and usually missing out on them because someone else on my team grabs it right in front of me. Then I typically will try to fly to a high perch-type area and use the Pulse Cannon to try to pick off the smaller, less-armored guys as they run underneath. What has been just killing me is that I will shoot a guy (who does not have a shield) about 6-7 times with this gun and then switch to the Assault Rifle and hammer them, but they still do not die. Then I get hit twice and I blow up while transforming and hitting the afterburners to get away.

This sucks because I love the way the jets look, and I like the idea of being able to get to places that the others cannot, but I die way too quickly, and when I am just shooting the crap out of someone and they do not die...it makes me want to throw the controller through the eff-ing window.

Please help!

TY!

2. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
  3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey man you're preaching to the choir.

4. simplygriff

simplygriff ยต - Elitist Dick

News Credits:
    Switch to the EMP shotgun and repair ray. And switch disguise for the Sentry spawner. The sentry spawn will get you a kill or 2. The shotgun kills faster than either of the other 2 guns. I still die a lot but tend to even out between kills and deaths. And I suck haha. :lol 

I love playing as a scientist though and they get better as they unlock more abilities.

Also to note, there's a whole thread on Scientists. This should probably be merged with it.
    -G

5. inturnmike

Sorry, I looked through the last 2 or 3 pages of threads before I posted this one...

6. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
  7. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

I think the reasons they don't have Null rays is to prevent snipers from flying up to unreachable parts of the map and killing everything. I was mad at the lack of the Null at first but it's okay really.

8. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i learned recently the emp shotgun does more damage while zoomed in with L1

9. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  10. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    scientist with disguse you need it's perk for more hurt when coming out of disguise, it's like a personal short warcry. i usually fly straight in disguised, transform, melee, then shockwave, and get out of there, guarantees at least one kill also picking up deceased enemies weapons like the null ray is handy

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    I'm gonna go against the grain and say not to ditch the burst rifle. Either use the Burst Rifle with the EMP Shotgun or the Repair Ray. Don't use the EMP and Repair Ray together unless you want to risk being a close-up fighter, which you can spare a class spot for.

The Burst Rifle is a great weapon when used with the Scientist's perks. The drain ability combined with some burst shots is devastating.

12. inturnmike

I appreciate you guys' input. I think I will try out the EMP Shotgun and see how well it works. I didn't try it before cuz it only has 2 shots before reloading, doesn't it? So I assume you dive in, shoot, melee, and duck out....

13. underwear-ninja

underwear-ninja Eats Gobots for breakfast

Once you get the Master of Disguise perk, using the Disguise ability becomes a lot easier. Until then just practice, and rely on your sentries when you can. Take advantage of your jet mode and use hit and run tactics to pick out solo targets. If all else fails just go around tapping with the burst rifle and get assists while healing.

14. shadowsfm

shadowsfm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    another strategy is disguise, melee from behind, 2 emp shotguns, then a shockwave

15. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    shockwave and sentry(blaster sentry not rocket)

fly in drop a sentry high up but close to the action and blast people away. if you hve a shaockwave damage booster it helps... i dunno i always get mad kills doing this and because i love the burst rifle.

ive seen people do pretty good with drain and shockwave exp in larger groups of scientists all using draing its tough to do anything really.

16. The Constructicon

EMP Shotgun and Disguise gets me the most kills.

17. inturnmike

Guys, you have helped me sooo much! I have played as Scientist for two nights now and have gone from level 5 to level 11! TY!!!!

18. The Constructicon

Heh, no problem, in the right hands a Scientist is just as deadly as a Soldier.

19. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I played scientist for the first time last night. I died. A. LOT. I still need to mess around with the different set ups and see which one is best for me. (scientist isn't really my play type to begin with. I tend to charge in with guns blazing!) I just need more practice I guess. (and a few of those upper level perks will be nice! I can tell you which class I will be using the most on double XP weekend)

20. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    I'm having the reverse problem now. After playing Sci exclusively through to 25, I get my ass handed to me playing a Soldier or Leader.