1. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Miniautoquintessoboticon

Woo, my first thread....I think. Is it?
    Eh, anyway, I'm pretty sure you've seen this kind of thread before.....heck,m I think I posted in one.
    But I'm posting this to not discuss the continuity issue, but to discuss misinterpretations of the Aligned Continuity.
    Give me a minute, clean this up a bit.....
    There we go.

This came from some versus debate thing or whatever that turned into an argument over whether or not Exiles is canon. Yeah, something to do with the Fallen and black holes, originally.
    Anyway, I posted this because it seems to me that this guy is very much misinterpreting the Aligned continuity.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Wow! That guy is obviously not been up to date to how Hasbro is doing this idea. And he needs to relax and not resort to insults while he's at it.:redface2: 

3. Oberoniss

Oberoniss DOESN'T-EXIST BABBU

News Credits:
    Jeez, man needs to unbunch his panties a little.

4. Scrapmaker

Yup.
    Oh, hey, looks like he's up on that other site again.
    Friend over there told me he reported the guy for flaming (that quote up there is the cleaned up version).
    EDIT: Before I forget, this is the other side of the conversation.
    I think he got some stuff off, but he's certainly closer than the first dude.

5. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    That's an understatement!:lol 

That's good. The second guy was much more sensible and smart.:) 

6. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um...ok, so the guy you're quoting is an idiot. I still don't see why you have to make a thread about it though.

7. Scrapmaker

Just pointing out misinterpretations of the aligned continuity is all. And plus I was asked to.
    But the thread will die anyway. I'll probably forget I made it soon enough.

8. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I find his word organization to point out he's a completely ignorant to the way of Hasbro's workings.

9. StarryAqua

StarryAqua Former fandom follower

News Credits:
    I base arguments on my opinion until Hasbro says otherwise--simple as that. If Hasbro states it's all canon, I'll stand by that.

True, everyone states that just because they're in the same family doesn't mean it's the same continuity. But if that were the case, Hasbro wouldn't bother caring about contradictions within different storylines.

10. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Wait, but Breakdown is a small whiny bitch in WFC.
    How did he become so big and tough in Prime!

!!!
    !!!
    !!!

11. janeDoe001

janeDoe001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ...Cybertronian steroids? (seriously, drugs are bad...)

The first one seems like he was gonna have a heart attack from over reacting. The second one seem like he was feeding the damn troll.

Personally, I don't care if it's canon for not, it was entertaining, IMHO, and it explained the start of a war, explained why they had to leave Cybertron (not just because the lack of energon) and left things open to continue from. When I read [spoilers]about Megatron learning about Dark Energon from the book, I still said "OH SHITE!"[/spoilers]

War of Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, never played it, still looking for the game through on Youtube, but also interesting concept.

Seriously, let's just drop this now. Leave it to opinion if you believe Hasbro or not.

jD001

12. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ...so, what's your take? All that matters really is your opinion.

I’ll follow what the writers of each medium has to say, as they are privy to matters we are not. Matt Tieger says WFC/FOC are HMS own creations and that they are following their own vision of a story they all grew up watching as children.

Alex Irvine stated in an interview that parts of Exiles may come to pass Transformers: Prime, which leads me to believe that Prime is ITS own story.

The crew behind Transformers: Prime spoke about show as if it was their baby, something they were nurturing to be what they wanted it to be.

Sure, Hasbro laid down some ground rules—these guys followed it—but they all came up with three different concepts with shared similarities. Much of what we’re seeing now is probably due to High Moon Studios initial concept, which Aaron Archer said Hasbro incorporated into their Bible or whatever it’s called. The aligned continuity, at present, is an origin tale, it’s kind of hard to be too different in the beginning, but the varied stories have already deviated from one in other in areas, so I think we should prepare ourselves for many, many more. As a few here have stated time and time again, think the 80s cartoon and 80s comics—same source material, but uniquely different experiences, nothing wrong with that; though, I would love for someone to give us a story without Optimus, Megatron, Soundwave, Bumblebee, Starscream, etc. There are so many other great characters that are being neglected here:( 

13. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I don't think "canon" means what a lot of people think it means. It just means it's authoritative and official. It has virtually no bearing one way or the other on multiverses or continuity, unless it's effectively "x and y are in the same continuity, this is canon." When Hasbro says everything is canon, they're stating the obvious. Of course it's all official.

Whether everything in the "Aligned Continuity" family shares one single universe is another issue completely. Personally, I think they do--but only sort of. Looking at any one story in the Aligned Continuity, the events of the other stories are all true, but in a "broad strokes" history book kind of way. Specific details, tone, characterization, and interpretation of events will be different, just as will two history books written at different times or in different countries--even though those history books are written about the same universe.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Same continuity =/= same continuity family. It's just like G1 folks. You had your cartoon and your comics. Both were valid but completley different.

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Split I like the way your thinking. :thumb 

My answer to WFC designs vs Prime designs. Their Transformers which means they can transform their appearances. WFC Megatron's bio downright says this, Hasbro isn't making it difficult, we are.

16. kaijuguy19

News Credits:
    This:thumb  It's like with G1 people. Different timelines, but same family!

17. Scrapmaker

I had a thought.
    Why not just use this thread to discuss the Aligned Continuity in general? Makes a much better discussion than what I previously made this thread for.
    But then again, this part of the site is dedicated to discussing Prime, and the game section you can discuss WFC and FoC there....
    I guess locking this is a better idea.
    I'll be honest I don't care either way.

18. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Thank you:thumb 

Cybertronian life cycles are much longer then humans and our young scout (Breakdown) still had much to experience. Breakdown simply grew up from scout (WFC) to warrior class (Prime) entering another stage in his life. If human can increase mass in a years time I am sure a TRANSFORMER can in 4 million years

19. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Or the more rational answer. They are two unrelated things that happen to share similar story elements.

20. Rob

Rob IDW FOREVER

News Credits:
    Are we trying to entertain the notion and have some fun with connecting the dots or simply complaining about minor inconsistencies?

Sure your point is valid but, why not let people fill the blanks rather then blasting alleged small plot holes into casims, it simply is exhausting to criticize it so much and not just enjoy the now aligned continuity as a single rich mythology.