Canada - More than just Wolverine

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by Primal, Jun 26, 2005.

1. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    More Canadian content!
    Alwaya thought Captain Canuck was part of Alpha Flight but it was James Hudson (Guadrian I).... interesting.
    Source: The Toronto Star

2. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Huh. Amusing to see that Alpha Flight vol. 3 has been retconned to a miniseries. I love it when Marvel does that. "Check out our brand new title, it's really cool... crap, it isn't selling... uh, it was just a miniseries!" :lol 

3. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Veteran

Yea, Alpha Flight has had 3 incarnations. The first was good. The second sucked right along with it's counterpart, Heroes For Hire. Then came the 3rd incarnation which also sucked alongside Iron Fist.

4. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

I think John Byrne said that his design for Guardian was a design that he wanted to use for Captain Canuck, but I'm not sure. I'll have to check on that.

5. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    They sure degrated Puck down alot. He's more than just an acrobat. During Byrne's run it was revealed that Puck's true power is that he can imprison magical entities within his body. The only reason he's a dwarf is due to a side afect of the evil spirit he trapped in himself.

Also, how could they not mention Box II. He was one of the coolest characters ever. He was a mutant with the power of "Mechanical Manipulation". He could mentally reshape any mechanical or electrical device into something else. He made his robot suit transform into all kinds of crazy stuff. He even took out two sentinels single handed. Took one apart and made it into a flight suit. Later, he turned the suit into a large jet-powered spear and shot it at another. He rocked.

6. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i LOOOOOOVED Box II ~ whatever ahppened to that character? Seems like he should show up in House of M or some other X-book...

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Last time I remember actually seeing him was in Age of Apocalypse. He was one of the badguys there though. I don't think they've really used him since.

8. Primal

Primal Moderator

News Credits:
    If Box II was the one in AoA then he hasn't been seen since because according to the AlphaFlight.net site, Box II (Jerome Jaxon) is deceased; Box IV (Madison Jeffries) is the current one now. I haven't seen an image of Box II yet, but I like the look of Box IV best out of the 3 I've seen (Box I, III, IV).

9. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    ah, yeah, Box IV is the one i remember...

10. The Spider

The Spider Well-Known Member

Actually, I think that was Bill Mantlo's run. Byrne wanted Puck to just be a short guy.

11. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Ah, I was wrong. Box IV is who I was refering too. I forgot there were others besides 1 & 4.