Can you recommend me a jla comic series with no wonder woman?

Discussion in 'Comic Books and Graphic Novels' started by super skrull, Jul 9, 2012.

1. super skrull

super skrull BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!

Id rather have super girl or black canary

2. SpycrabKiller

SpycrabKiller Well-Known Member

What problem do you have with her? Just askin'.

Also, JLA: Year One doesn't have her I think.

3. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    If thats the case you may better be served with a Justice Society, Birds of Prey or Supergirl's solo run based books.

4. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    This.

Wonder Woman's a great character, at least when she's written by a writer who gets her (Gail Simone, Mark Waid, Alex Ross, Jim Krueger, Greg Rucka) and not by someone who doesn't (Geoff Johns).

5. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    The original Justice League International run. No Supergirl (she was only on the League during the James Robinson run that closed out the original DCU), but Black Canary was a member for awhile.

JLA Year One is good, too, as it took place during the time when Wonder Woman wasn't considered a founding member.

Honestly, if you want a Wonder Woman-less JLA (and I have no idea why you would), your options are pretty limited. Outside of a brief time in the Satellite Era, the Giffen/DeMatteis JLI years, and the "Ersatz Big Seven" Robinson run, Wonder Woman's always been on the League (and even Robinson's run had Donna Troy standing in for Diana and the JLI had her join the Justice League Europe for two issues).

6. Star Saber

Star Saber Cybertron 5th Commander

News Credits:
    ^This pretty much sums it up.

A lot of the JL stories without Wonder Woman are either not so good, or an acquired taste (JLI). I think the one exception would probably be JLA : Year One. If you do want to try some Wonder Woman stories, I highly recommend the Morrison JLA run.

7. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

i can't think of any reason you want to exclude Wonder Woman, unless seeing her gives you an uncontrollable erection.

8. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I really liked James Robinson's run. I think if Cry for Justice hadn't been his entrance to the series his main run itself would have been a lot more warmly received. It's a pity because I really loved his team - Donna Troy, Jade, Nightwing, Supergirl, Jesse Quick, Starman, and Congorilla. They were a great Justice League and it's a pity that their run go cut short for Johns and Lee's decompressed, supporting cast-focused snoozefest.

9. ABH1979

ABH1979 Anonymous Bucket Head Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

Twitter:
    Pinterest:
    lol, I wanted to see if someone mentioned "Cry for Justice" since the OP wants a JLA with Supergirl.