Can you make this out to Ebay??

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Motor_Master, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  2. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

is it just me or did he wait in a huge line just to make a couple hundred bucks?

oh well, at least he could of had it be a sealed reissue prime! and not in such a poor box.

3. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    I would almost be ashamed to have Peter Cullen sign a box like that ... unless it was the box I had had since 1984.

That reminds me, I have a signed 1984 instruction book I had him sign ... and I don't know where it is.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd love to have a signed Prime and all, but I'd defintely want the box to be in, like good condition and stuff.

5. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    To me Id rather have an autographed item made out to me. Simply buying something with a person's signature on it just doesn't matter to me. I like having the personal story behind it when someone asks me about it.

6. Neomarsala

Neomarsala Transform and Roll Out

I agree. I'd love to have his autograph on something, but it would be pretty meaningless without that personal story.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I wanted to get Peter to sign my winning Botcon entry, but I couldn't get it from the display area in time :(  I'm planning on taking it next year, and getting him to sign it then.

8. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    It actually would've been better/funnier if he actually DID make it out to "ebay."

I don't know exactly why, but I think going that far just to stick it up on an auction cheapens the whole thing.

9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm with you on this too. I have two Don lithos that were gifts to me from my wife, both of which have significant personal value (as well as being kick-ass art--the Dinobots Vs Devastator and Metroplex Vs Trypticon). I got Don to sign them (which he was very cool about), and he asked me if I wanted Simon to sign them also. Simon started to turn before I said no, which was incredibly embarassing to me. But Don was the artist, so Don's signature means something to me on it.

10. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

the box isnt that bad for an original box. I wouldnt be ashamed of that. I have seen A LOT worse. the box is older then a good number of the people on this board! LOL

11. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't think the box was that bad either, for something that old. I damn sure wouldn't be selling it on eBay though........unless it was hard times. I'd love to get Peter Cullen's autograph. Oh well, I am meeting Gene Simmons next weekend, so that'll have to do! :wink: 

12. Motor_Master

News Credits:
    For something over 20 years old it is in good shape, but seeing how the guy's selling it for money, I would have found a better box to have Peter Cullen sign.