Can You identify this toy ?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by RedAlert Rescue, Mar 2, 2010.

1. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    This is a toy I found at a carboot sale last season and it's got a look about of Masters of the Universe I think... but when I researched MOTU I could find no record of MOTU happy meal toys prior to 2002 and nothing that matched the vehicle except vaguely.

It says Colburn '82 / '85 on the bottom and it's got a pull back motor in it it looks like it designed to have something standing on it a Battle beast is a bit to big so what ever was on it was probably more like a Starcom figure size or a bit smaller.

It's a quarter of an inch taller than a Battle beast (more or less Legends size) and I think it's suggestive of Masters of The Universe in style.

Anyone know what it is :I've been trying to find out with no luck so far.

[​IMG]

I'd also be interested to know if there was anymore of a similar type.

2. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

its a happy meal toy, not MOTU though, i wanna say there were red, blue, and black other ones. i had most of them, and i dont believe they tied into any specific licensed property, just kind of their own theme.

3. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

Holy shit I actually found them

[​IMG]

Copying this from the cool stuff thread. What the hell were they named? my googling is failing hardcore

4. 7SEVEN7

7SEVEN7 Well-Known Member

I dont think they were happy meal toys (dont they always have mcdonald's stamped on them somewhere?), I had at least 3 of these and I never went to mcdonald's when I was young-I've definitely got the green one and the red one, think I have a yellow one somewhere too...

5. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those look cool as hell! Now I want to know what they are! Damn!

6. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Same here !

7. Triple Melter

Triple Melter come on fhqwhgads

You people are killing me. Someone's got to know!

8. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    wish i did and i did some serious web searching on the theory its a fast food toy and found nothing but thats all i got.

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I think it looks like a Segue for Skeletor..

10. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

Victory is mine! I found 'em via some hardcore googling! Apparently, they ARE from McDonald's and they're from a 1987 line called "Runaway Robots". Google "Runaway Robots '87" or something like that and you'll come across various citations, like this one:

McDonald's World of Fast Food Toys: Thousands of fast food toys from McDonald's in MIP & Loose.

and this one:

1987 McDonalds Runaway Robots - Coil - eBay (item 150428707998 end time Apr-28-10 19:12:52 PDT)

The green snake is known as "Coil" and there's also "Skull" and more, of course, totaling, I think, 6 in all.

Also found this info. nugget: "This is a McDonalds Happy Meal Skull from the Runaway Robots series that was distributed regionally in St. Louis, Missouri, Nebraska, Michigan, Maine, Massachusetts, Tennessee and Alabama from February 6 - March 22, 1987. It is in very good condition."

So, they're fairly rare based on their regional release status and the short window in which to get them, but they do not appear to command high prices when they do show up.

So, there ya go! :) 

Edit: found an even better, more comprehensive page:

http://www.sydlexia.com/happymealprizes1.htm