Can you help me identify?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by RisingPhoenix86, May 15, 2011.

1. RisingPhoenix86

RisingPhoenix86 One of Soundwaves minions

News Credits:
    Well my mother came across these today when going through my old toys from when I was a child. Shes gonna be shipping me them sometime soon. I cant seem to remember which ones they are. Can anyone help me out and identify them? One is not transformed correctly so sorry about that. [​IMG]

2. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  3. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    Is there any value to these you think? They have been sealed away out of light and hands since around 1990 or so. the stickers look mint.

4. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

the creature former is called Grotusque. in monster mode; you should be able to press a button on his head and make sparks come out of his mouth.That is, if it didn't get rusted old worn out.

5. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    They have been sealed away for over 20 years with no light or anyone touching them. they are not rusted at all.

6. Sammael

News Credits:
  7. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    Well just got off the phone with my mom and all of the stickers are not worn out at all, no cracks and still shinny looking. So im guessing close to mint. They where probaly handled a few times then packed away not to see light or moisture in 20 years lol Im hoping to get back into toys and repainting some newer ones. and possibly selling them if they can bring some money

8. Mr. Ginrai

Mr. Ginrai Godmaster

If Dreadwind's nosecone is not damaged or any of his plastic tabs are not broken that will help with value. I wouldn't try to transform him unless you have his powermaster engine. He also came with two guns. Grotusque came with a big white gun and two grey wings. Like what was said earlier, it is good if he sparks.

The bulk of the value in these guys comes from the parts really. I do have grotusque, and if the Dreadwind isn't broken and has his parts I would be interested. Otherwise, keep him, as he is pretty cool and if you get his brother Darkwing, they combine into Dreadwing. The cautions I listed about Dreadwind above also apply to Darkwing. You tend to find both of these guys broken and beat, or oddly just with trashed stickers.

9. RisingPhoenix86

News Credits:
    Thanks man, I definitly can wait to see these guy upclose again after 20 years of me not seeing them. Ill make sure to post more pictures and better res ones when i get them. So ive never sold a toy before. If i decide to sell them, you think 50$ for both would be asking to little or to much?

10. Sammael

News Credits:
    Too little. Dreadwind alone should fetch more than that.

11. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Cant you just press the button where the power master goes into to transform it?