Can you guys give me a summary of whats going on?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by crucifixion, Dec 18, 2008.

1. crucifixion

crucifixion Member

I've been waiting for TFA to come out when it did a few years ago, but missed the intro. Swore I would catch the replays, missed that.
    Then some more time passes and next thing you know Season 3 is already here. I just literally watched the intro espisode, roll out, or whatever its called..i think it was 3 epispodes long. I found a link that shows TFA online. Then the other day watched the next episode. So I think I've seen a total of 4 TFA episodes. Its sad, but I visit this site daily to read about ROTF and sometimes come here to read the titles of threads to see if anything interesting is going on, and lately seems like a lot of great stuff.

So I'm gonna make some time to start watching S1 and S2 online, but before I do so, I have some questions that have been bothering me so I wanted to ask and hope people can help me out:

1. So Megatron came to earth looking for the All Spark and crashed, similar to the live action movie, except this scientist found his head?
    2. Why is Prime so young and not Optimus Prime, the old school leader that everyone looks up to. This Prime seems like a kid. Is that right? Does this Prime ever turn into the real Optimus Prime, the leader?
    3. I forget who, but one of the original autobots in the intro is an older bot. He talks about the previous wars and stuff. So what exactly is going on? This bot was in wars with the decepticons before but Optimus and Bumble bee were not? They make it seem like Prime and BB were kids or werent even "born" yet?
    4. What is Starscreams role? Is he the same backstabber type in G1? Or is he a tough guy transformer like in the live action movie?
    5. I just saw that Rodimus is here. So whats the deal with that? Was he Hot Rod and then turned into Rodimus? Or has he always been Rodimus? Did Prime die or somethign? Or is Rodimus just another character and Prime is still around? Are there hints that Rodimus will become Rodimus Prime?
    6. And can you give me a summary of basically the main stuff that has happened in S1 and S2? Like Ultra Magnus is the main autobot leader, what are the decepticons doing, where is everyones base, what have been the major storylines, etc.

If you can help out with that, it will help when I start watching. Thanks!

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

A few years ago? TFA only started airing less than a year ago. But I disgress.

1. That's right. Isaac Sumdac discovered Megatron's severed head as a child which was a huge plot point throughout the first season.

2. He is Optimus Prime. But he's not the Autobot Supreme Commander: Ultra Magnus is. The premise is the same as Beast Wars in that Optimus is still young and inexperienced but grows into a leader. In Animated "Prime" is a rank like a Captain or Major in the army. So far we've seen three Primes in Animated (Optimus Prime, Sentinel Prime, and Longarm Prime) with a fourth one, Rodimus Prime scheduled to be introduced in season 3.

3. The old bot is Animated Ratchet. And he's the only one in the core cast who fought in the war. Once again, same premise as Beast Wars in that in Animated the war has been over for a long time already with the Autobots victorious. Basically, it starts up again in Season 2.

4. Starscream is a power hungry backstabber but he's far more competent than he was in G1.

5. Refer to my answer in #2. Rodimus Prime is just one of many Primes.

6. OK, this one is going to take a while.

Season one basically has the mystical Allspark fall into the hands of a simple Space Bridge repair crew led by the young Optimus Prime. This unfortunately ends up with them catching the attention the Decepticon leader Megatron himself who sets out personally to retrieve the Allspark himself. Unfortunately for Megatron he is damaged due to sabotage by Starscream and during the fight with the Autobots they crash into a Space Bridge and are teleported to Earth. Megatron is reduced to a disembodied head falling into the possession of Isaac Sumdac while Optimus manages to bring their ship into a crash land in Lake Michigan whereupon the Autobots go into Stasis.

50 years later, Isaac Sumdac has built a corporate Robotics empire in Detroit (where the show takes place) by reverse engineering Megatron's technology. During a certain accident with nanobots, the Autobots are awakened and save the city and are promptly received as heroes. They also befriend Sumdac's daughter Sari whom is granted mysterious powers by the Allspark through her key.

Basically, the rest of season 1 follows along lines of the Autobots adjusting to Earth life while Megatron schemes to get his body back.

Season 2 starts with a bang with Megatron fully revived. In a nutshell, the season follows Megatron's plans to use Space Bridge technology to conquer Cybertron while the Earth bound Autobots are appointed by Ultra Magnus to hunt down the Earth bound Decepticons while the war full on starts up again.

3. crucifixion

crucifixion Member

Thanks that really helps and makes sense. So as far as the ranking, what is the order?

Because if I interepreted it correctly, Prime is one level. So this guy named Optimus is at the "Prime" level (e.g., Captain). That means this other guy, Rodimus is a Prime and they are both the same captain type levels?

What happens when Optimus gets promoted? Does he become Ultra Optimus (e.g. Ultra Magnus)?

And what role is Rodimus Prime going to play? in G1, he replaced OP. But I'm guessing TFA doesn't kill off OP, so does OP and RP hang out together like friends or something, like two captains chilling in a bar?

4. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

We know that Minor is a rank before Prime. Sentinel was called Sentinel Minor as a drill seargent some stellar cycles ago.
    Yes, at least, if the magazine infos are correct.
    Probably rather Optimus Magnus, as the magazine info states that Rodimus is on his way to becoming a Magnus, which infers that Magnus is the title (meaning, the Great in latin). So, his name would change from the First of the Best, to the Great Best.
    That we have to see first. Rodimus and his five-man band-team members will appear in season 3, which will start in spring 2009.

5. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    You forgot to mentioned that at the end of season one the Allspark is broken and its shards are spread across the area in and around Detroit. Magnus leaves Optimus's crew on earth so they can find all the shards and rebuild the allspark.

This leads to a few Transformers being brought to life on earth because of the allspark shards.

The Prime, besides Optimus, you should pay more attention to at the moment is Sentinel.
    As he is presented as Optimus's former friend and rival in the present.

We probably won't know that much about Rodimus till season 3 starts.

6. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

Blast! Forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Quite frankly we don't know. The only info we have is that Rodimus comes out in Season 3 and that he leads another team of Autobots. I'll doubt we'll really know anything until Season 3 airs.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well actualy, we do know that he's supposed to be as badass as G1 Optimus Prime.

8. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Why not just let it be a fresh continuity, watch and enjoy?

9. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Because apparently some people are simply too pig headed to accept certain things that Animated has changed Optimus not being supreme commander is one alot of folks seem to have real issues with hell there seems to be a fair number of folks who can accept it partially but not fully like if Optimus never becomes Optimus Magnus the show is simply wrong somehow....

10. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

Guys, the thread opener just was asking some questions, not condemning the series.
    Also, Ravage1976, please, use punctuation.