Can you fix my rabbit? not the Volkswagen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by newguy, Jul 22, 2008.

1. newguy

newguy i

Hi I have a dwarf boy rabbit named sunny (i want to get a girl and name her share). He was 1 year old when we got him. He attacks my cats and somtimes attacks me. Sunny did get his testicles cut off. We have had him for almost a year. Im 13 so im not stupid ive been to several sites to find ways to fix him but they dont work. I need help to find ways to make him more comfortable and not so timid.

2. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    thats personality. I've had rabbits as housepets all my life, and some are just like that, they do not change. you have to just learn to respect his space, and so will your cats.

most important thing is to give him an area that is only his. where the cats don't go, and you don't go except to clean it. ideally under something, like a bed. put some toys down there, maybe an old blanket for him to fluff and fold, and he'll get the idea that it's his space. if you don't have any areas like this, find a nice wide box about as tall as he is, and cut two him-sized doors in it, one at each end. maybe a window to peek out of too. flip it upside down so only the bottom is open (so it doesnt accidentally get peed on), and let him have it. My current rabbit's "home" area is under my bed, and he has a nice sized box down there too, which he has had for almost three years, and will probably have until he's just too big for it. he's a lot less territorial now than he was before he had his own special place.

even if you take my above advice, be warned: anything that invades that special place will be attacked.

another possibility is that he isnt attacking anyone. he could be playing. are his ears down when he attacks? if his ears are up, and he's standing tall (not low to the ground) then he's just trying to play rough. get him a plush toy to beat up.

3. Prowl_Delta_31

Prowl_Delta_31 Eating your donuts

News Credits:
    I guess I'm just really tired but I laughed my ass off reading this.......anyone else?

4. newguy

newguy i

Oh and my rabbit is way smaller them my cats and one of my cat has killed several wild rabbits and rats

5. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

A good place to ask is House Rabbit Information and Care - BinkyBunny.com
    There's lots of good information there on rabbit behavior.
    Male rabbits regardless of hormones are going to be a bit aggressive, and in fact rabbits are generally territorial. Let him have his own territory. He'll likely chase the cats out, and assuming your cats are smart enough, they should learn to respect his space. Give it time and they should come to an agreement.

You yourself should also learn to respect your rabbit's space. Never chase your rabbit, or corner it. Let him come to you. Don't hit your rabbit or he'll only respond with aggression. To punish a rabbit the best method is to simply firmly push the rabbit's head down to the floor into a submissive position. This asserts your dominance. Firmly saying "NO" when you do this can train your rabbit to learn "no" as a verbal command as well.

They're fairly good at learning verbal commands, so this is good for later. Everybunny is different, so you may just have to accept your rabbit's aggressive personality and let him have his space. Given time and patience he should warm up to you a little bit.

6. jdre_124

jdre_124 Super Dick

News Credits:
    I have never heard of rabbits being territorial and I now have newfound respect for them.

7. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    If your pet attacks you, beat it.

Muhuhahaha.

But seriously, is there any way to punish a rabbit?

8. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    Man this thread is full of win and I am enjoying the hell out of it. I never knew there was so much to domesticating a rabbit.

9. newguy

newguy i

owning a rabbit is anoying. you have to clean there litter box 2 to 3 times a week (they like to crap) and there cage has to be cleaned atleast once a week. you have to comb them a lot and hold them corectly. the third day we had him he almost bit my niple off! But its not every day you t a rabbit that can jump out of your arms do a front flip then smack his head on a ledge. but the coolest thing about rabbits is when they get mad they stomp their foot and make a thud. when sunny was younger he would get bunny burst (a burst of energy) and jump about 1 foot to 2 feet in the air and do a 360 sidwase twirl thing. i think there is somthing wrong with my rabbit:crazy: .

10. Prowl_Delta_31

News Credits:
    This
    and this
    is winning the thread.

11. BigPrime3000

BigPrime3000 Well-Known Member

It must just be pet rabbits. We have wild rabbits in our neighborhood. They seem smart enough, they've created a network of dugouts through a lot of fences and know where the gaps are between some fences so they can move throughout the neighborhood without getting into the street for the most part.

However, if you go outside and one happens to be in the yard all they do is freeze perfectly still like you won't be able to see them, then they realize at the last point that you do see them and completely panic and run in circles until they decide which way they want to leave the yard. It's actually pretty hilarious.

12. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Try putting a pancake on the rabbit's head. That seems to make them docile.

[​IMG]

13. Skor

Skor I HATE U TRASH MONSTAAAR! TFW2005 Supporter

Rabbit Armour.

Then send it out into the front yard as a guard-rabbit. Make it work for it's keep!

14. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist TFW2005 Supporter

I only have one piece of advise for you.

RUN AWAY!
    [​IMG]

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I've never found it annoying. I prefer them to dogs and cats.

Depends on the breed and season.

Um, name a living creature that you don't have to hold "correctly".

Sounds like your rabbit just doesnt like to be held.

This is standard. it's called a binky. happy rabbits do it all their lives. my last rabbit did it even at nine years old.

16. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    You know it Sonny and Cher, not Sunny and Share right? :lol  and this thread is pretty amusing.

17. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

win,
    uber win!

18. Omegatron

Omegatron Mandatory Fun. Buy it now TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just give it the damn Trix already.

19. grimlockams prime

grimlockams prime Check you feet

:thumbs2: :thumb 

20. Elita_One

Elita_One Метал для життя

I'm guilty.

I had loads of rabbits before and they were all very different. I had some that liked being handled and others who would rip your face off if you touched them. My dad has two right now and I can swear that one growls when I walk up to the cage....Can't really do much about it.