Can you find just about any TF toy at a Botcon?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mrclean08, Dec 28, 2008.

1. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

I plan on attending my first ever Botcon in 2009. Can you find just about any TF toy at a Botcon?

I've been doing most of my purchases through eBay, but was wondering if I should just hold off on 5 months of spending and just do one big "clean-up" purchase at Botcon. (I'm trying to finish off the remaining 35+ loose G1 figures I need for my 1984-86 collection; already have most of the big namers, just need the smaller, less popular guys like Deluxe Insecticons, Runamuck, Roadbuster, various minibots and cassettes, etc.)

I've heard Botcons aren't as big as San Diego Comic Con or Star Wars Celebrations, but decently sized. Are dealer prices fair at Botcon? Are there steals to be found? Or would I find better deals on eBay? What do you guys recommend?

2. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Basically if you want it someone there will have it for sale

atleast that was my experience at the Botcon in Anahiem few years back

3. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

How are the prices though? Do you only find good deals during the final day when dealers are packing up, etc?

4. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James <b>The JUICE</b> TFW2005 Supporter

You'll find a lot of toys there. You'll probably find what you need there. Go in with a list of things you want to find, and shop around for the best deal. Prices can vary quite a bit from dealer to dealer. You can find good deals if you look for them during the whole convention. I got some Robotmasters pretty cheep in 07' pretty early on.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  5. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Why is this posted in the "News and Rumors" section? There are a lot better places for this thread like "Toy Discussion" or "General Discussion" heck even in the "Conventions" forum

6. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Exactly go in with what you want, give yourself an ideal budget and work it, Most of the dealers are cool about working a price a little bit if you know how to play it right

7. mrclean08

mrclean08 G1 FOR LIFE

This is going to sound like a redundant question, but are there dealers that sell junker parts/accessories?

It's kinda frustrating getting parts/accessories on eBay and they arrive in different conditions than what was originally pictured in the auction.

8. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    There's usually at least one dealer with parts for sale. There are also usually numerous parts parties; our very own Megamus always holds one, and others do too.
    There are some superb deals to be had in the dealer room if you look around thoroughly.

9. Mastodon

Mastodon Well-Known Member

No.

10. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

you can find the more well known figures EVEYRWHERE it seems every dealer has a complete predaking jetfire and at least two devastators on evey table. lots of junk bins with some incredible finds, just last year i found one dealer who had a box of very decent g1 figures for 4$ a pop, with only marginal acceesories but great shape I got soundwave trailbreaker jazz laserbeak metrplex (no accesories for him) sideswope red alert g2 screamer (no fists) as well as a few others that escape me. it all depends on when you get to each dealer. but the wierd thing.... I've been going to botcon for 8+ years and have yet to find the last two figures I need to complete my g1 collection (backstreet and windsweeper) so overall you'll have alot of luck filling in holes, headmasters and target masters seem tough to find, but theres a ton o dealers with parts (some only trade though) its a great expereince overall.

11. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Yes. Or better yet, keep up with the Botcon thread in the Conventions forum for the Parts Party with TFW members.

BTW, there are also members here that sell/trade junker parts/accessories in the Junkion Exchange. I happen to be among them.