can you compare the anticipation of TF ROTF to ......

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by darthrage, Nov 14, 2008.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    So would you compare the anticipation of TF ROTF to the anticipation people had for the Star Wars Prequels??

Its almost like G1 was to the SW Original Trilogy as TFTM and ROTF is to the Prequels.

Does that sound accurate?

I'm not talking about comparing the movies. I'm talking about the hype and anticipation. Like are people really going nuts about it??

For the Star Wars prequels, barely anyone knew about the filming because it was done all by green/blue screen.

But for ROTF, its been covered all over from spy reports. I think the anticipation is even bigger considering we're talking about bigger explosions and action and destruction.

With ROTS and the prequels, it was all about anticipating about how Anakin turns. For ROTF, its all about the anticipation of what new characters will be featured next.

2. OmegaVPrime

OmegaVPrime Uhm, yea? So what?

Ebay:
    Agree 100% with you, it is much more anticipated than any sequel to any movie I have ever seen.

I just wish the missinfomation part was lost in the sands of time, it makes me less inclined to see the movie sometimes, I hope some information will come out soon involving characters or for that matter, the voices of them.

3. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    As it is with virtually EVERY sequel, especially of the sci-fi/superhero variety.

But yeah, whether it's good or bad won't matter, the hype & press around this thing before it opens will be pretty insane.

4. tinspider

tinspider Well-Known Member

I'd say the anticipation is exactly like the Star Wars prequels. Unfortunately the immense disapointment is also perfectly matched. I expect to feel even more of my inner child die inside as I watch ROTF so my expectations are pretty low, much like they were for Attack of the Clones - and Lucas still managed to leave me cold.

The Star Wars prequels managed to kill my love of Star Wars. I try to watch the prequels from time to time, but can't. They are just so bad. It leaves me feeling really depressed.

As a film in its own right, Transformers is at least entertaining and watchable. But as a film about the Transformers I thought it failed on so many levels. Again, I feel sad whenever I watch it - especially when Frenzy is on screen.

Luckily I have Transformers Animated to keep my TF love topped up.

5. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don’t think it’s the same, for me it’s not even close. Just talking about my own feeling about it here. I was almost 8 when TFs started, I was about 3 when Star Wars started. The time from the first TF movie to ROTF is like 2 years, Return of The Jedi to Episode 1 was like 15 some odd years. There was waaaaaay more anticipation and build up for the prequels.

ROTF is maybe closer to the anticipation for the 2nd Matrix movie (also a big let down).

6. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

I'm not big on Star Wars, so I can't compare the anticipation of the TF movies to Star Wars.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Oh, the drama of some of these replies. :rolleyes2 

I wouldn't say so. Star Wars was set up completely different than TF. The prequel trilogy was just that: prequels. It was also a wider gap between the two, and Star Wars original and prequel trilogies were, obviously, three different movies. Also, the original trilogy is WAAAAAY over-rated.

I agree. Though it seems like it has been abandoned in some ways.

8. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    rotf is similar in anticipation, but i don't think anything can be as disappointing at reloaded. besides revolutions
    remember when it was rumored that the wachowski siblings(brothers back then) were going to do transformers? i still have nightmares.

anyway, i don't really see the comparison here. this is a reboot of a franchise, not adding backstory as what would seem to be an afterthought like the prequel trilogy was. i love g1, but it holds it's own place for me, so i don't really compare it and this new incarnation. sure there are some fun throwbacks, but i like seeing something new done with the concepts rather than a rehash of something that's been done 20 years ago

there's always the charlie's angels argument, that the original is superior to the mcg series because it had more depth, but the movies work well in there own way and have their own fanbase

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I find that oddly I'm in the same boat again that I was with Star Wars.

My dad took me to see the original Star Wars films so yea I'm old as dirt, but oh man did those film ever spark the imagination. Same thing could be said of the old Transformers TV series. Yea it had it's flaws, but it sparked the imagination enough to fuel hours and hours of play and a real love for the Transformers idea.

Fast forward to the modern era and I'm taking my neice and nephew to go see Transformers. I'm also thinking gee I really loved Star Wars so the movies must be great and I love Transformers so even though I've got a bad track record with Bay films I'm sure I'll be happy somehow. Then I made the mistake of actually watching the films.

So now I'm in that second Star Wars movie sort of mode. There is that part of me that loves the stuff from back in the old days, but the stuff has really burned me pretty bad. I want so badly to hold to the hope that somehow the second film will turn it all around and I can forget everything I didn't like about the first film. Yet there is also that part that keeps saying you are only going to get your hopes and excitement crushed again.

One hand I'm really looking forward to it, but at the same time I'm also kind of dreading it because I know I'm going even with all the bad feelings telling me not to get those hopes crushed.

Ha ha, even find my self saying wait I really enjoy the new Star Wars cartoon and I really enjoy the new Transformers cartoon so why can't they capture that same feeling some how in the movies? I mean just look at how much cooler the Clones are now that they actually get to do something.

10. Soundwave2

Soundwave2 Banned

News Credits:
    I can only speak for myself and right now, My anticipation won't really start until I see a trailer, then it's overdrive from there on

11. tinspider

tinspider Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  12. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    i want it now

i'll want it even more when i see some footage and stuff

and i know that all my friends and kids at my church keep constantly asking if they're making a 2nd movie and when it comes out :p 

13. Bottom Out

Bottom Out Well-Known Member

I'm not really anticipating this movie as much as the first. Thats not due to not being interested, its just that there is so much to keep me occupied untill the movie...we allready had reign of starscream, and there are supposed to be some more prequel type books/comics so im doing ok.

OT: the matrix reloaded was the best of the 3

14. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wow, to me this question is a joke.
    Not even in the Same ballpark.
    Not even close on any level.
    Star wars was way way harder for me to wait for.
    All of them. But I guess this may be star wars for some new younger fans.
    But thats kind of sad cause the movie was just ok.
    Anyway to each there own.

I hated reloaded when it came out.
    I just rewatched all 3 of the movies and it was much better now.

15. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

No, actually, I have a lot less anticipation for this movie then I did TF1. Maybe it's the lack of information about this one. There seemed to be so much morel leaked information about the 1st one.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

17. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i know/have met more than a few people who are REALLY excited about it.

18. newguy

newguy i

its wierd, i really dont care about the new tf movie. when i saw the first preview for tftm (mars) i was freakin out. but now i really dont notice it.