Can we talk about Nemesis Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nemesis Otaku, Feb 9, 2018.

1. God Orion

God Orion Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    These colors suit him so well

• Like Like x 1
  2. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Thanks!

I found another

blackest_night_by_transformers_mosaic.jpg

3. God Orion

Ebay:
    That is awesome. I wish we could get some comics about this in our country

• Like Like x 1
  4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Well that depends, what version of him are we talking about? There have been multiple depictions of Nemesis Prime and technically all them have a personality except for Prime where he's a drone piloted by Silas not an actual Cybertronian.

That sounds similar to the Armada version... except for the bothers with Galvatron and Rodimus Unicronus part... though he does much like those two, have a connection with Unicron.

So just any version of Nemesis Prime cause again there are multiple.

Well he is a major villain in the Sword of Primus so you could read that...

I've also had other interpretations of him. Another idea I came up with actually has him as an Autobot. He's called Nemesis because he was originally a Decepticon that switched sides. The Autobots don't really trust him even though he wears their badge so they renamed him Nemesis just to remind everyone of his origins.

Well most depictions of Nemesis Prime he's literally just an evil Optimus Prime. Kinda defeats the purpose of Nemesis Prime if he's not an Optimus repaint. Though both the versions of Nemesis I mentioned above are entirely different from Optimus. SoP Nemesis does have his head design but that's because every Prime in the Council has his head Sculpt. Even Rodimus Prime had himself rebuilt to look like Optimus. Otherwise he's an entirely different character with no other connection.

My other idea for Nemesis Prime also is from an alternate universe where Primes are basically cops. The title is granted after you graduate from the Academy. In this universe there are actually two Nemesis Primes. There are the original Primes created by Primus, similar to the 13 except in my version there isn't really a set number of them, they all look the same, Megatron Prime and Fallen Prime are different characters, and most present day Cybertronians think they're a myth that never actually existed. Some characters are crazy and think they are reincarnations of those characters. For example, the Decepticon, Sideways actually believes that he is the original Sideways created by Unicron. Parts of the Covenant of Primus are missing in this universe so they don't actually realize that Sideways and Nemesis Prime were the same guy. The know Nemesis was a Decepticon who switched sides but they're missing the text explaining his Decepticon identity.

The Fallen is the only original who is actually an original that exists in present day. Because of this he's the only one who realizes that history is repeating itself. Of course most people think he's crazy because they don't believe there ever really was a Fallen Prime. Though there's no record of his real identity and with most other crazies there usually is a record of their real name they just refuse to answer to it. Plus ancient Transformers all shared the same mold and modern transforms tend to look different.

Anyway, the modern version of Sideways also ends up switching sides, joins the Academy and because he was formerly a Decepticon, they grant him the Nemesis Prime title totally unknowing that the same exact thing happened with the original version.

I've never actually gotten around to writing this story out in full but the basic concept for it is that the Decepticons at this point in time are just low level criminals. They haven't been united under a single goal yet. Megatron is actually an Autobot. The story is suppose to develop his character into the Decepticon leader over time rather than starting out that way. Without Megatron's leadership the Decepticons are split into a few splinter groups. Most cons work as individuals. Starscream also known as Cyclonus leads a small group of Decepticons which includes Thundercracker/Skyjack, Skywarp/Cyberwarp, Bombshell/Scourge, Shrapnel/Treadshock, and Kickback/Riotgear. In each case the first name given is their real name and the second name is a Herold of Unicron that they use as an alias. The Fallen has a team of mostly crazy people who willingly follow him because they're the only ones who believe he is actually the Fallen, and a few characters who follow him out of fear for their own lives.

Starscream/Cyclonus in this universe would actually be the original leader of the Decepticons... and a terrible leader... The Fallen would after realizing that history is repeating itself try to use it to his advantage and would start out as a splinter group before eventually taking over Starscream's group as well. Megatron would eventually join him as well and Starscream would assist in overthrowing the Fallen thinking that the lead would be returned to him but Megatron would end up taking it and changing his name to Galvatron.

Sideways/Nemesis Prime would really be a minor character in this story since it's mostly about Megatron's rise to power. Also I'm thinking his real name would actually be Breakdown. Sideways is his Decepticon alias taken from the original Herold of Unicron and Nemesis Prime is just the name given to them as they become Autobots.

5. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    Why not both?

6. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    Because RID saved everyone's souls, that's why. You aren't allowed to treat RID or anything from RID with less than religious fervor. Especially Sky-Byte and Scourge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

I like the idea of Nemesis Prime being a corrupted Optimus Prime like in The Last Knight.

• Like Like x 1
  8. God Orion

Ebay:
    I guess it's what they wanted.