Can we talk about Nemesis Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Nemesis Otaku, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku I love both Nemesis Prime and Anime!

Look, I'm sure most already know this, but I love Nemesis Prime. Yet, as far as I know, he's never even received a personality.

My head canons that revolve around him are: he's brothers with Galvatron and Rodimus Unicronus, is somewhat an anti-hero, and is the kind of 'bot who actually has emotions, but doesn't know what to do with them.

This thread is a place to talk about the character. Whether it be design, "personality", and your overall thoughts on him.

Also, how would you imagine him? I personally see him like Galvatron. He doesn't deserve a straight up repaint, he needs to be his own mold.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

I think of him as being every bit as confident, competent, skilled, powerful and reliable as Optimus. The only real difference being that Nemesis is Stone-Cold-Evil.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Dropkick

Dropkick Resident Nut Head

Google+:
    YouTube:
    In my opinion at least, I think Nemesis Prime is a Multiversal Singularity. He has the same traits and defining features, he just got left out on the "Freedom and Justice for all" part.

• Like Like x 4
  4. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i imagine him as a mirror of optimus, all the power and intelligence but no honor or compassion

• Like Like x 7
  5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I prefer Scourge over Nemesis Prime because he isn't just a redeco of (that series') Optimus Prime. He just looks like him but has his own personality and ambitions.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 11
  6. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

He's exactly shattered glass prime in my head, just in the original prime timeline. I see him as worse than Megatron in the good/evil spectrum. Megatron was a freedom revolutionary gone rogue, nemesis is just evil. To me anyway.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I just made up some headcanon that IDW SG Nemesis Prime used to be the leader of the heroic Decepticons, but when the Decepticons won the war he felt they were much too soft on the Autobots. This led him to eventually conclude that the Autobots were right all along, so he took the name Optimus Prime and took off together with the Decepticon criminal Cyclonus and the war criminal Deathsaurus who once sent 1000 Decepticons soldiers into a barrage to get the Autobots to waste all their ammunition so he could beat them up afterwards. They are hunted down by Scourge, Captain of the Weak Anthropowhatever Principle.

8. Fallout

Fallout ꧁꧂

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    scourge is the best nemesis prime and the best scourge we've gotten.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Scourge as a character only exists in RID/Car Robots correct?

10. pilot00

pilot00 Well-Known Member

SG Prime has very few common things with Nemesis. SG Prime is akin to G1 toon Galvatron, albeit his insanity is not a processing problem but the matrix consuming him from within. Further more Nemesis most of the time is a herald of Unicron or somekind of Ex Prime himself or clone, whereas SG Prime is litteraly self made.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Ok, to be clear.

1. RiD Scourge and Grand Scourge are not Nemesis Prime.
    2. Shattered Glass Optimus Prime is not Nemesis Prime.

In almost all continuities, Nemesis Prime is an evil clone of Optimus Prime and not always (but usually) colored black.

The only exceptions are IDW (a corrupted Nova Prime), Go! (basically a Shattered Glass Optimus) and The Last Knight (just Optimus brainwashed).

So, there's really not much to discuss beyond "I'm an evil doppelganger! I'm here to kill Optimus Prime!".

____

To be honest, the better clone to discuss is Megaplex. When your job is to be a decoy for a megalomaniac, either you yourself are insane or you're probably at least questioning your sanity.

• Like Like x 5
  12. pilot00

In SG though, Optimus ended up becoming Nova Prime, albeit a good guy, while in 'normal' continuities they are 2 seperate characters.

• Like Like x 1
  13. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's evil!"

News Credits:
    Still not Nemesis Prime. I know, it's weird.

• Like Like x 1
  14. pilot00

I am saying this too actually :D  That Nemesis and SG Optimus are two different distinct characters that is.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    I like to imagine that the Nova Prime that was SG Optimus Prime goes on to become IDW Nova Prime who later becomes IDW Nemesis Prime.

16. pilot00

Different Universes, completely different character backgrounds and eventually those Universes ceased to have contact alltogether. And I belive the SG one was completely destroyed.

So as a head canon yes it can work.

17. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    My head canon is that any character from any Transformers universe can cross over to any other Transformers universe like in the Botcon comics. They're not limited to their own. And that characters can become other characters of the same name in a different universe, obviously not always.

Shattered Glass Brawn becomes Knights of Unicron X-Brawn who becomes Robots in Disguise '01 X-Brawn.

[​IMG]

Shattered Glass Prowl becomes Knights of Unicron Checkpoint who later becomes Energon Checkpoint.

[​IMG][​IMG]

And that's not all, some characters we think are native to a specific universe / continuity are actually dimension hoppers from another universe / continuity.

This is IDW Swerve and Tailgate after hopping to the Sunbow universe. It would be revealed that there are no Sunbow counterparts to Swerve and Tailgate; they simply don't exist at all in the Sunbow continuity (to explain why they only made a short brief cameo).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. JomasterII

JomasterII Nobody interesting

News Credits:
    He's just the manifestation of Optimus' sad teenage years where he got way too much into My Chemical Romance.

• Like Like x 6
  19. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

My headcannon:
    While Prime pontificates over their duty to protect the humans despite their flaws blah blah blah, one of the meatbags sequesters the most innocent 'bot and leaves it damaged (physically and psychologically) beyond any restoration, enough where the bot snaps and takes itself out and many others along.

The psychological recoil and collateral damage leaves a void in prime that shatters him. He embraces that void and directs it against anyone and everything that doesn't conform to his vision of order.

At first megatron is thrilled at the ferocity of his new brother, but prime gets it into his head that megs is too weak and too sloppy to do the job right, and after a brutal pounding megs barely survives only to flee in fear and watch in exile as the leader of the new order conquers planet after planet under his cold metal fist.

-Kronatron

• Like Like x 1
  20. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    In my headcannon Nemesis Prime is living darkness of every Prime's heroic side, and the leader of Unicron's first 13 Heralds and rival to Prima, Primus' Light warrior.

• Like Like x 2