Can we please get past this weird Dinobot fetish now???

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Aimless Misfire, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Jazz1992

Jazz1992 Adult Toy Collector....that came out wrong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Give us all of the dinosaur robots!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Ya seem a little Dinobutt-hurt.

• Like Like x 7
  3. Lex79

Lex79 Well-Known Member

So basically Hasbro can't do 15-25 dollars toys because there are already $100-200 3p figures? Guess what, these dinos are primarily for kids, and putting aside that even among adult collectors not everyone want to collect MP.

• Like Like x 10
  4. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    For the most part- agreed.

But let point #2 go, man. Chrome flakes.

I'm shocked that they are Deluxe. I for 1 think they should be Voyager.
    Yes Devs was too darn big; and these Dino's are too small to against him.
    But what's an even bigger WTF is Predaking. The only other combiner to go up against him size wise is ... Devastator- another Decepticon.

However, I will get these and be content. They look decent enough. Hopefully being combiners don't hamper these figures.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    The people DO buy the Dinobots they want, that's why they are getting made ;) 

• Like Like x 4
  6. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

All of those were non-G1 dinobots, bro.

So since the Dinobots are clearly getting too much attention, would you at least add some more names to your HATE list?

Optimus

Bumblebee

Megatron

Starscream

At least those four. If Dinobots irritate you this much (and you make a good point about it! :thumb ), then you must hate the four above even more! I can't tell you how many toys/cartoons/etc. each of those have had. :rolleyes2 

• Like Like x 4
  7. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    After reading this thread, I think he's just trolling us. Looking at his post history and regarding that he's a fresh member here. Either that or he's got some problems and is venting them here.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ZapRowsdower

But based on your well-thought-out arguments, why would you be "looking forward to seeing the Terrorcons"? :confused:  Unless you meant that you were looking forward to HATING THEM PROFUSELY! :lol 

3P are better, as you said. So if that's true... why are you upset about these toys? :p 

Look at it from another perspective: let's say I don't have $200+ for the Fans Toys Dinobots (which, I think we can all agree are AMAZING). Let's say I don't have that cash! :eek: 

Where do I get my G1 Dinobot? :D  Has.... Hasb.... Hasbrrrrrr.... :lol  :D 

• Like Like x 1
  9. ZapRowsdower

He's not trolling - stop tossing "troll" around whenever anyone says something you don't like AND it's impassioned.

Like your last point said, it's likely venting. AND... he's looking for some support.

I think we've all been seriously disappointed in our lives, and it's always nice to hear we're not the only ones.

You know what, though? Every time someone makes a post like the OP, you guys have to come down and hate on him. :(  It sucks. I mean, have some compassion for others. He's not attacking YOU. He's saying the toys suck.

Big deal.

Let's not fight about someone's opinion.

And, let me add: you DON'T have to read his thread or get annoyed. You can just skip these threads, ya know! :)  I'm not attacking you, so please don't take this personally - I just want to make a point that we should be more supportive of each other, and that means NOT tossing the word "troll" every few posts. :rolleyes2  Let's give him, A FELLOW TF FAN, the benefit of the doubt. Could be he has a lot of OTHER stuff going on, and he's just venting over something stupid: these toys! :) 

• Like Like x 1
  10. usernamedustin

usernamedustin Banned

eltonlin98 already coined Dino-sour. It was much more clever than what you did.

11. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Can we also get past the flying space vehicles too? I freaking hate those concepts! So overdone and overused!

12. Shackwave71

Shackwave71 Very Illuminating...

I suspect this is a joke, considering we haven't had a whole crew of G1esque Dinobots in a loooooonnnngggg time, and since his name is Aimless Misfire, Decepticon Misfire's thing being, well, aimless misfiring...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gallade

Gallade HSR and Transformers Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Doesn't seem like a joke. He actually does seem upset over it.

14. Shackwave71

True, but sadly this boils down to cost. All the Dinobots I have are 3rd Party. And they look great....BUT, the cheapest one cost me $50. And that was half the original price. If all five Dinobots were available at retail in a brick-and-mortar store for $50 a piece, $250 all told, do you think they would sell wildly? To the collectors, yes, to the screaming kid whose parents have a buncha money, yes. Everybody else? Probably not. And so we get what's coming. Voyager Grimy will sell, and so will the other ones. Simply because they will be cheaper. It's harder to sell expensiveish toys than it used to be. More kids and teenagers are playing games on consoles and their phones, than playing with an actual toy. So costs causes them make the toys smaller than we would like.
    I agree with you completely about the Officialness. I have Quakewave and it's awesome! MP-29? It's looks cheap, it's smaller than Quakewave, it's not as stout, it's lilac colored, BUT...it's official, so...there ya go. Apples and Oranges. Just enjoy the 3P and try not to grit your teeth too much for paying more money for a better toy...at least, that's what I do.

15. Shackwave71

Yep, you're right. I hadn't read his next post when I wrote that.

16. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

This so much.

I love how the Dinobots look, personally. I think they look fantastic in robot and dinosaur modes, I don't mind the scale because I only have so much space, and the combining gimmick looks really kind of fun. I also enjoy that I'll able to snatch them up in one or two goes, rather than pay $100-300 apiece for them, and I won't have to feel bad about supporting someone who is making money off of someone else's intellectual property.

• Like Like x 4
  17. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Can we please Insert Tampons and stop enjoying everything so much? I prefer to be Triggered Goddamn It!!!

18. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    whoops I did . DOH!

19. Constructor

Constructor Behold my true form!

I understand the OP's point: There have been a lot of love tossed the dinobots' way in the last 5-10 years in media.
    That being said, the critical thing I just mentioned is the key to the arguement: Media.
    The dinobots have had a hell of a lot of appearances in multiple forms of media with Age of Extinction, The Last Knight, Fall of Cybertron, the 50 trillion 3rd party releases, and power of the primes.
    But the classic dinobots have yet to have a generations update as a WHOLE team. The closest we got to a full team since G1 was the movie figures, which most generations collectors would agree, don't make good fill-ins
    for proper generations figures. So, yeah, I don't like the dinobots much either, they're overused and generally flat when it comes to group dynamics, but I know there are plenty of other people who love them
    and have been waiting years for a updated dinobot group. I'm not saying that the OP is wrong, or stupid for thinking the way they do because "everybody else loves the dinobots, so you must be stupid" or
    "Well, if you don't like how much the dinobots show up in things, then you must hate Optimus, bumblebee, Megatron, etc." I just saying that the OP is perfectly fine hating the dinobots and they have a perfectly
    fine reason for not being excited for the dinobots in all the things they're in. But I would also like to say this: Let them have their toys, and don't worry about the dinobot craze, it'll pass.
    It may pass like a kidney stone; it might be painful and you would feel every moment of it, but it'll pass regardless.

20. bellpeppers

News Credits:
    Awwww... dat make me saaaad...

Frowny face :( 

• Like Like x 1