Can we let Bumblebee talk now? He's been a real good boy.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by red4, Jun 25, 2009.

1. red4

red4 Banned

Seriously, that whole mute thing is pointless now. Cast someone to do his voice!

2. DeadlyVenom

DeadlyVenom Active Member

I think after two movies without it, it would just be dumb to stop now. I rather like the radio. Separates him from all the others.

3. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well Mark Ryan used all his bee voice on Jetfire....

4. Drone81

Drone81 Well-Known Member

bee never shut up in the G1 cartoon and now in 2 movie's he only said ( radio not counting ) 2 lines

- permision to speak sir?

- i wish to stay with the boy

give the damn bot some more lines in the third movie :( 

5. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Let Robin Williams voice Bumblebee and he can talk non-stop.

6. JKahn913

JKahn913 Bunch of Mooncalves

I don't think he can speak like an adult and get away with intermittently acting like Sam's puppy. If he spoke, the character would be very different.

7. transmetal2dinobot

transmetal2dinobot Sub-Commander

Ebay:
    verbal diarheah is a serious condition, we shouldn't mock it.

8. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Bee not talking is one of the best parts about him. He doesn't need a voice to be one of the most emotional characters in the movie.

9. prowl240sx

prowl240sx Member

Am I missing something about BB not being able to speak again? I know he lost his voice after tangling with Megatron in the TF movie comic prequel but thought all that was resolved at the end of the first film. Was there another storyline in the comics or novel where he lost his vocal receptors again or was it just a temp band-aid fix?

10. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I kinda agree with this, even my cousin thought the radio voice suited him more, but when he actually spoke at the end, she thought the voice was "ugly."

11. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    I gotta agree with the OP in that Bee needs to speak in the third installment. I get that in the first film they used his whole muteness for lack of instant communication with Sam, and backstory, and to use the radio for funny bits, and that yes without the voice and just the sounds & clips from the radio it does give him a "Sam's pet" feel. But the original reason for it happening has always been weak & lame. Megatron crushes Bee's throat a bit and after all this time, nada on a fix? What kind of engineering doc is Ratchet, anyway? These are sentient robots, cybernetic lifeforms, living machines. They're bits of metal ffs. They can reformat their entire body for both modes in less than a single second, something no other Transformer written, drawn or animated has been able to acheive in refitting prowess. In the prequel comic its explained Bumblebee gets his throat slightly crushed by Megatron which is why he can't talk. I say slightly because his head was still attached to his body just fine. He also got his entire arm torn off. And, per the prequel story, BB "eventually found other ways to communicate" so he could "finally" tell the others of Megatron's evil plan. Can they type/read? But I digress; The arm gets fixed, no trouble, can't fix a throat? A speakerbox? Buh? Enough is enough on this bit, let the bot speak. He gurgled something out at the end of the first film (you can agree with the writers bad indication that it was Ratchet's beam thingy finally taking affect, or say the power of the Allspark he touched had a hand in it - that's what I run with), pretty sure that was his own voice shouting out in victory after defeating Rampage, and this film for sure had him still as the pet starting out but certainly nothing more than a warrior at the end.

Third film, Bee speak.

12. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    What I don't understand is how, in the ROTF video game, Bumblebee full-blown talks without radio. But in the movie, he don't. I understand that his voice got blown away again by Starscream in the prequel comics but come on....if he can talk in the game, why not the movie? :inquisiti 

13. haymaker

haymaker Active Member

yeah he fades into the background more than the others.

14. anti-hero

anti-hero Well-Known Member

Both of these QFT. I've really come to love this character, and I think that if he got lines it would ruin it (at least for me). I hated his voice at the end of the 2nd one. His Artoo-like sighs and beeps and such convey a lot more than the lines a lot of the other bots get. I think it would also make it...wierd...for him and sam to express their bromance feelings for each other if they both had lines. It'd go from Sam and Bumblebee to J.D. and Turk, LOL.

15. red4

red4 Banned

Using Mark Ryan's deep British voice at the end of the first movie was a massive afterthought, that's why it's so unfitting. They need to give him a younger-sounding voice without the British accent.

16. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

i loved how you could still understand the noises. i swear after he blew up sams house he said wtf!

17. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Does the game have voice acting? I know in my Autobots DS game that BB talks, but it's like e-mail or something, as he's the only character who doesn't really have voice acting outside the radio bits.

18. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    From what I know, the PC, PS3, 360, Wii, and PS2 versions have voice acting. I saw gameplay footage of the 360 version and Bumblebee talks while shooting/fighting Decepticons and also, he talks in the briefing room during the cutscenes. There was one cutscene where he said something funny and witty to Ratchet; I forgot what it was though.

19. adamme

adamme Well-Known Member

i think the radio makes him different from the other autobots, but it would be nice to hear him talk, perhaps he could do half and half, you know in some situations use the radio to talk and others to talk normally

20. Roadtrack

Roadtrack Well-Known Member

in the Showest footage in the garage scene, he says :What is your purpose, Sam?" But only "Sam he said with his own mouth. The rest were radio bits, but the first time I heard it I thought they were his words.