Can we honestly trust Hasbro's word ever again?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    HTS.com specials edition was a flop from the company's perspective. BBTS is still sitting on over 3,000 Seacons. It took the TFCC forever to sell off the Astrotrain. Hasbro, Walmart, Target, & TRU treat their online stores like second-class citizens. The only thing that has seemed to be successful was the Amazon Unicrons. Only Amazon has a big enough online audience to carry an exclusive and Hasbro's willing to cater to Amazon because Amazon orders a shitload of normal toys from them.

2. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I live in Canada so I feel like I have been screwed out of toys considerably less, but I still can't get a goddamn FE Bulkhead, Starscream, or Cliffjumper due to the horrible case assortments.

It's so weird. Soundwave, Wheeljack, Ratchet, etc. are gold, but a lot of the other Prime toys are crap.

It may have to do with their new brand manager, but what's actually good about "New Hasbro" is that they are giving us things we have been begging for. Base bots, Combiners, Properly Transforming SD Transformers, etc. They are willing to experiment and I look forward to what is coming out in 2013 and beyond, but for the most part they need to clean up their act on Prime if this is their long term plan.

3. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Is this thread over FE? Did I miss something?

4. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ All threads are about FE.

5. glazios

glazios Chaotic Bastard

Facebook:
    I agree with what you've said here, in part; they are giving us what we want, but the thing that really pisses me off is the way they're doing it: they're giving us what want but they're doing it sloppily, and expecting us to take whatever crap they deign to throw at us - and what's more, they're expecting us to like it.

Look at FOC Combaticons/Bruticus. We asked for combiners, and that mess is what they arbitrarily toss out?

NO THANK YOU. DO NOT WANT.

I'm not expecting anything along the lines of TFC Hercules, that is asking too much. But couldn't they at least make an actual effort? Instead of only pretending to?

6. Shockwave69

Shockwave69 Supreme Leader

It'll be a long time before i trust hasbro's word again.

7. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    It'll be a long time before I can stop laughing.

8. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What do you consider as actual effort? What do you expect from Hasbro as far as a combiner? I say leave the combiners to the 3rd parties.

9. glazios

glazios Chaotic Bastard

Facebook:
    And I'm thoroughly agreeing with you, TFC really knocked it out the park with Herc, flaws and all. The 3rd-Party groups seem better suited to giving us things like properly-engineered combiners, and Hearts of Steel Shockwave. Hasbro has a specific budget per line and can only do so much with the engineering of each figure due to that budget. But at the same time, I can't shake the disapointment that Hasbro, who own Transformers, can't do something like Project Hercules. It's just not viable for them to do it, and that is what disapoints me. Because if they ever gave us something like that, I'd buy it in a heartbeat and sing their praises from the rooftops.

If they'd just put a little more into the engineering of that FOC Bruticus - built the shoulder connections into Blast Off and Vortex rather than having them sticking out like that, based the connection system on Energon combination ports ala Hercules, and made Onslaught a Voyager, that FOC Bruticus could have been a seriously bad-ass figure. Instead, it's another fine mess that they expect us to accept for what it is, because they're giving us what we asked for -- it's just, what they're giving us is very sub-par, in terms of what we've come to expect from them.

They gave us ROTF Leader Prime. They have yet to give us anything that even remotely aproaches that level of awesome in a Leader class figure since.

10. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Can't trust hasbro but takra is a bunch of saints.

11. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    S.A.I.N.T:

Strategic Artificial Intelligence Nuclear Transport

Takara is the same kind of robot as Johnny Five?

12. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

I consider Bruticus sufficient for the first try at a large combiner in a long time. And they aren't TRYING to make them "suck", why would they ever do that? I'm glad Hasbro is giving us a proper combiner at all. Hopefully they will try another one after Bruticus.

And they ARE making an effort. It's a mass produced plastic toy, and they are doing the best they can with the guidelines that are put in place.

I also like Optimus Maximus.

13. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Not anymore from to me.

14. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Ya. This is the reason why the toys look better. Robots have to look up for each another.

15. videriant

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, we can't expect anything from Hasbro, but Takara should really take a stab at a decent combiner. If they can give us Binaltech, Alternity, Buster Prime & Arms Micron, they can give us combiners!!!!

16. TacomaPrime

TacomaPrime Cybertronian Tacoma

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hasbro should have two seperate lines/companies/divisions.

one that makes stuff solely for the parents to buy for their kids to play with
    and another solely for collectors.

17. MisterFanwank

MisterFanwank Banned

News Credits:
    ^ Hasbro. Takara.

Problem solved.

18. Sharpfinger

Sharpfinger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe the Transformers brand guys that came to conventions and give talks are telling the truth to us. The main problem is: they're talking with the plans that exists at talk time. Enterprise plans aren't rock engraved, they can (and will) change. At least we can know the general lines of what is planned. Or do you think they planned in advance to announce a lot of TFA repaints and three new molds only to not sell them? Or to announce FE and don't sell it in US? Probably not. I can't believe one of Hasbro's targets is to make our life miserable.

19. Bumblebee765

Bumblebee765 Wrecker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    And they should bring the Takara toys to the United States!

20. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

And there's still no in-hand pictures of Bruticus from people who actually know how to transform the toys properly. Besides, they're not expecting you to like it, they're expecting (hoping more like) that parents will be willing to buy all five of these guys and make proper combiners feasible to an extent. It may not end up being the prettiest thing to ever come out, but at least wait for in-hand photos before you start tearing this thing a new one... No need to get all worked up if all the apparent problems are simply a result of it not being transformed correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.