Can we honestly trust Hasbro's word ever again?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mr. Chaos, Feb 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    Let me start by saying many of you know me...I am the funny boy, the one that does comics involving Bill Cosby's Floating Head. I don't go making rant threads, I don't troll, and I don't tend to get into long debates.

But this issue warrants some comment.

Over the last year or so, Hasbro has jerked us around, dangled items in front of us only to take them away, and blatantly lied to us. They announced the First Edition figures, showcased them for all to see, then come out a few weeks ago, weakly claiming "Oh, we meant for those to be outside the US...oops". It was only after many of us complained to them that they finally offered us a half hearted "Well, we will see if maybe we can make more and give them too you."

Fine, I will chalk that up to miscommunication.

But now they are saying the figures they previewed as SDCC, figures HASBRO THEMSELVES SHOWED US...will not be coming out for the USA afterall. Again..."Oops, did we show you those? Sorry, our bad. Here, have some Bot Shots."

Tack this on to all their other miscommunications, lies, and disrespect for our community...and I have to ask, how the heck are we to trust a word Hasbro says?

Is there ANYTHING they can do to justify us trusting a word they say? Because from where I am standing from, it will be near impossible. They have lied to us, baited us, and then tried to play it off as if it were a simple mistake. Once is a mistake. Twice is a mistake. But this has become a pattern with them.

I'm not calling for a boycott. I'm not screaming "I'll never buy a toy again!". Because I will...but I won't be believing a word they say. Toy Fair, SDCC...I will try them all as meaningless until I see proof.

Am I the only one that has lost their faith in this company's word?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    No. So far, I feel like the past couple of months have been big lies.

3. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    I doubt they care too much.

4. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. Take anything they say with a grain of salt. At least a fifth of those 40 Generations figures they promised us are most likely never going to be released (and they'll probably turn out to be the most highly anticipated ones of all).

Same here, and the only proof I'll accept is holding the figure in my hand.

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I personally feel that it isn't fair that they show us all of these toys, only for those toys not to be released here in the US or if they do get released in the States, it's only in limited quantities being sold in certain stores. Like, come on Hasbro... do you really want to make money and sell these toys to the people who want them? If you're not going to sell these toys, then why bother showing them to us and say they'll be released only to turn around and say they won't be released? Seriously.

6. ThisGuy

ThisGuy True Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nope. I've seen so many figures that havn't made it to the US that Hasbro showed off in the US. I normally don't get pissed if I dont get a figure I want, but this shit is just crazy now.

7. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    you guys do realize that it's not Hasbro's fault right? Stores like Target and Walmart have to buy these toys from Hasbro in order for us to get them... if those stores don't buy, then we can't buy...

8. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    They told us they were going to give us these toys in the Fall...they lied.

Then they said December. They lied.

Then Feb. They lied.

Now they are stating the US can't have them...that they weren't meant for the US, it was all a miscommuncation. BS.

This is all on Hasbro.

And even then, if they were respectful to us, if they explained the situation and gave us honest answers, I would be mad but more understanding. Instead they blow us off...so they can go screw themselves.

9. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    Getting really down to it , I do not consider it hasbro's fault. The Retailers bought too much of the DOTM first waves, and none of them really sold well, so when the New DOTM waves and the Prime FE figures came around, the Retailers already had a large stock of Transformers figures, and they decided not to buy the newer waves to sell.
    Things are going to get better.

10. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

I believe Hasbro's word about as much as I could toss a car...with my arms tied behind my back. I'll believe 'em, maybe, IF I see the figure on the shelves. Likely not even then.

But then, this is generally BEFORE all this mess started. What Hasbro says doesn't mean squat if the retailers decide that 'Nah, we don't wanna buy this. We'd much rather sell/clog our shelves with 9001 movie Bumblebee toys (and the other insignificant toys in those waves) even AFTER kids have proven to be tired of movie Bumblebee. And BTW, if these toys don't sell, then it's UR fault, HASBLOW!!11!'

Kind of like the fandom now that I think about it...except the wanting that many Bumblebee toys.

11. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

Meh, very few Generations figures are left for me to collect. Like, 10 or less that I can think of that I want. After that? Everything is gravy. Hasbro can say/do whatever they want elsewise.

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Once dark of the moon toys are off my walmarts pegs. Then I have faith the US markets ability to take new product will be flexible again.
    I trust Hasbro. Their doing the best they can against the retailer scourge.

Generations are Here to Stay. Prime is going to hit it big with kids. Colorful, and dynamic posable figures from a currently successful Transformers program with intuitive Transformations and over the top weaponry. I'd be very surprised if it was'nt at least as successful as dark of the moon in sales.

We are coming out of the tunnel. Good Stuff ahead.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  13. ryu hayabusha

ryu hayabusha Well-Known Member

well like not having windcharger or grapple come out for retail (which i still dont have and WANT), or the rumble/frenzy pair or the legends figures..ect

14. Lumpy

News Credits:
    where did they say they weren't meant for us at all? i haven't seen that anywhere...

15. Fishdirt

Fishdirt Tin Toy Transformer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's a corporation. Of course not.

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

I never 100% trust what Hasbro Reps say anyway. Their sole purpose is to hype up upcoming products, and if need be appease the public. ALWAYS take what Hasbro Reps say with a grain of salt. And that goes all the way up to Archer himself.

17. Mr. Chaos

Mr. Chaos Force Ghost

News Credits:
    They've announced that the figures showcased at SDCC (Soundwave, Que, Leadfoot) are/were Asia market only. They hyped them up for us, and then took them away because of their own stupidity when it came to setting up wave sets for DOTM (honestly...every wave was a 3rd Bumblebee...and they wonder why these toys aren't selling?)

I have the answer for them, but they will never do it: Make these toys Hasbrotoyshop exclusives. Cut out the retailer so they get a larger share of the profit and make the fans happy.

But they won't do that because they would rather try and convince us that Bot Shots (the STUPIDEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN) are worth more of their time.

18. Lumpy

News Credits:
    i like the Bot Shots actually, think they look awesome...

19. 420bot

420bot ******

Hasbro don't give a fuck, they think they are unstopable, and with fan boys like these who can blame them.

Hasbro: Heres 100 new bot shot figures!

Fans: YYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY, WHERES THE LOTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. 420bot

420bot ******

I am... the silent majority is what is wrong with the universe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.